|Our program is life-transforming and is for everyone. Whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.|
Our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program offers the possibility to really dive into the teachings, physically, mentally and spiritually. The PranaShanti Teacher Training program is Yoga Alliance registered and consists of a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours held during an 8-day retreat and 3 weekends. This format provides future teachers exposure to as much knowledge and hands on practice teaching time as possible. Immerse yourself in the yoga teachings!
Comments from past student experiences:
- “It was a truly unique and exceptionally memorable experience that only comes along once in 50 blue moons ;)”
- “The retreat was the best thing I have done for myself in years! Thank you!”
- “Thank you PranaShanti! This was on my bucket list and I’m so happy I did this training with you. This training was awesome!”
Join us for our FREE Open House Information Sessions to learn more about the program:
- Saturday, July 5 at 1:30 pm
If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact us email@example.com to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
Your Lead Trainer & Guest Trainers
Training Course Outline
What will you learn:
- Methods to deepen your personal practice
- Skills to create safe and inspiring yoga classes
- Foundations of asana and pranayam
- Yogic and western anatomy
- Anatomy in motion
- Hands on assisting
- Yogic philosophy
- Relaxation & meditation techniques
Our retreat is held at a private waterfront retreat property just over an hour from Ottawa. During this week (90 contact hours + 10 self study hours) you will be immersed in the teachings (1 day in Ottawa and 7 nights, 8 days at the retreat) while enjoying a beautiful serene environment that also includes delicious meals prepared for us, personal time for rest and reflection, swimming, nature walks and campfires. Our focus on retreat is to deepen our personal practice while expanding our understanding of asanas, posture development, yogic and western anatomy, meditation and yogic philosophy and lifestyle. Our days at the retreat will begin with a daily morning sadhana of meditation (silent &/or with chanting) and yoga practiced on the beach, weather permitting. Our days continue with a combination of lecture, instructional videos, yoga, meditation, small group practice and group discussion. Our final evening together on retreat includes a fire puja ceremony to honour our personal growth and development and celebrate our time together.
We follow our retreat by meeting over 3 weekends at the PranaShanti Yoga Centre. During our classroom weekends we further hone our skills by focusing on teaching practice/coaching with peers, advanced anatomy in motion, continued studies of philosophy, meditation and posture (asana) development, project presentations and a variety of subjects for preparing teachers to enter the yoga teaching world, (90 contact hours + 25 hours self study).
Dates and Times
- Saturday, July 12th, 2014 – 1 PM to 4:00 PM at PranaShanti Yoga Centre for introductions, Q&A and preparation for the retreat; and
- Sunday, July 13th, 2014 to Sunday, July 20th, 2014, 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM daily at the retreat. The first day of retreat begins at 2 PM, last day of retreat finishes at 3 PM.
- August 8-10, 2014
- August 22-24, 2014 and
- September 12-14, 2014
Fridays 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Saturdays & Sundays 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Cost and Registration
Option #1 – Pay in full on or before June 12th, 2014: $3,600.00 + HST
Option #2 – Pay in full after June 12th, 2014: $3,850.00 + HST
Option #3 – Payment plan $3,995.00 + HST. A deposit of $500.00 + HST on or before the start date and equal payments until the end of this module
What is included:
- Hatha Yoga manual
- 10 Yoga class package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
- 3 healthy meals prepared for us each day and private (single) bedroom lodging while at the retreat
- All class instruction
- Home study assignment/project
- Practice teachings
- Personal mentorship
- Opportunities to assist in Drop-in classes
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started
- Registration for closes July 5th, 2014 at 5:00 PM
- 10% discount for full time students and seniors
- Payment plans, 1 Work Exchange and 1 Scholarship are also available
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Our minimum registration is 15 students and our maximum registration is 25 students. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” -Yogi Bhajan.