“Learning to be present with yourself and to abide in that which is steady and comfortable does not allow space for self-judgment. When you live this way, you are practicing yoga: you are living fully.”
– Judith Hanson Lasater
We believe that in learning, there is life, and in self-discovery, there is growth which allows us to shed the practices and beliefs that no longer serve us. We aim to offer everyone the opportunity to know themselves better through comprehensive programs that serve the personal journey and the professional one.
We invite you to join us for courses and trainings that are open to practitioners of all levels of experience.
Online Courses & Trainings
Study with us from the comfort of your own home.
Join a global community of teachers and students in the exploration of yogic teachings.
In-Person Courses & Trainings
Attend in-person courses and trainings at the PranaShanti Education Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Upcoming COURSES & events
Mondays: 7 pm ET – 8:30 pm ET
Instructor: Anna Egan
Buddhist Meditation for Uncertainty & Change
This 4 session workshop series will focus on two essential practices that are taught in the Buddhist tradition.
The first is “Shamatha” meditation which literally translates as “calm abiding”. The second practice is called “Vipashyana” which translates as insight or clear seeing. Both of these practices form the foundation of all Buddhist meditation techniques and are essential tools to deal with uncertainty and change.
Sunday: 2 pm ET – 6 pm ET
Instructor: Kethy Sosso-Kolle
The BIPOC Experience in Western Yoga Spaces
- Hindsight is 2020: Racism as a spectrum;
- #RepresentationMatters: Who is not in our Yoga space and why;
- The 5 stages of Grief and Anti-racism;
- The importance of BIPOC-only spaces;
- Allyship as a lifelong journey of continuous learning and growing.
Friday to Sunday: 9 am ET – 5 pm ET each day
Restorative Yoga Training – Foundation
For ALL Yoga Teachers and Students!
Restorative yoga is a style of yoga that makes use of props to fully support the body so that it can naturally relax and let go.
Friday: 6:30 pm ET – 9 pm ET
Saturday and Sunday: 11 am ET – 6 pm ET
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
Yoga Nidra, or yogic sleep, is a type of meditation based on the ancient yogic anatomy of the Koshas, the 5 subtle bodies. Sometimes described as a long savasana, it is actually a combination of deep body relaxation and mental awareness.
Wednesdays: 6 pm ET – 8:30 pm ET
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program
Saturday: 8:00 am ET – 4:00 pm ET
Instructor: Eileen Harris, Ph.D. and Stéphane Ippersiel
Your Brain on Yoga: The Neuroscience of Love, Peace and Wellbeing™
Tuesdays: 6 pm ET – 9 pm ET
The Energetic Anatomy of Yoga
Friday: 9 pm ET – 3:30 pm ET
Mindful Awakening Day Retreat
The Mindful Awakening Day Retreat is a day of practice devoted to YOU in the soft, soothing and welcoming environment of PranaShanti Education Centre.
Friday: 1 pm ET – Sunday: 2 pm ET
Fall Yoga & Meditation Retreat
Connect with nature and unplug!
Saturday & Sunday: 10 am ET – 4 pm ET each day
Pathways to the Pose: Advanced Poses Made Accessible
Discover the depth – and delight – of exploring complex and intricate asanas as a framework for self-exploration and personal growth.
- How to make complex and challenging poses accessible to all levels of students through smart preparatory work, prop variations, and creative adaptations.
- How to work toward challenging poses safely and effectively by applying biomechanical principles of healthy, functional movement to explore key actions and alignments.
- Progressive sequencing strategies to safely prepare to work toward more complex and challenging poses.
- How to deconstruct complex poses to explore each of their component parts, and then bring it all together for a richer, more integrated experience.
- The most essential and empowering concepts from yoga philosophy to inspire you to approach postural practice as an opportunity for greater self-knowledge, refined awareness and sensitivity, and expansive inner discovery.
Friday: 6 pm ET – 9 pm ET
Saturday and Sunday: 10 am ET – 6 pm ET
Principles of Ayurveda
Learn the core concepts of Ayurveda, an ancient tradition of healing, to enhance well-being and energy for the mind, body and soul.
Friday: 9 am ET – 5 pm ET
Saturday: 9 am ET – 5 pm ET
Sunday: 11:30 am ET – 5 pm ET
“Meditation: Because some answers can only be found on the Inner net.” – Shira Tamir
Meditation is one of the most natural and rewarding of all human activities. It brings balance, rest, and a growing inner peace.
While its highest and original purpose is to help us awaken our inner, spiritual nature, the benefits to body and mind are well established by medical research.
Practiced on a daily basis, meditation produces profound results on all levels of your being—physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. It connects you with your own inner powers of vitality, clarity, and peace.
Join, PranaShanti Yoga Centre Director, Devinder Kaur, for a pragmatic introductory course to learn more about the powerful affects of meditation and how to teach simple and effective meditation techniques to others.