The health and safety of our community is our top priority. We work extremely hard to keep our Centre pristine, and everyone who enters safe. As the health climate continues to evolve, so do our standards of health and safety at PranaShanti Yoga Centre and PranaShanti Education Centre.
We have and continue to follow all required health guidelines and mandates as directed by Public Health.
Visit Government of Ontario COVID-19 Health Measures and Advice for more detail.
THANK YOU for your understanding, dedication and support.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms complete the Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment or contact your healthcare provider.
Please note the following points on how we address our space:
- It is each individual’s choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask in the Centre and/or during fitness activity.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance, the front desk and in each studio room.
- Payments in cash are accepted along with credit, debit, or electronic payment.
- Floor markers on the studio room floors indicate yoga mat placements for students and teachers.
- Our class capacities are reduced and the start and end times are staggered to create spaciousness and ease of movement in the common areas. We have also increased the time between classes to allow for cleaning.
- We use Government of Canada approved cleaning products and protocols to maintain the cleanliness of all spaces and disinfect touch surfaces in the common areas throughout the day. A local commercial cleaning company performs a deep clean/disinfection (EnviroShield) of the entire Centre once per week.
- Our heating, ventilation and air conditioning system is custom designed to include the latest in air filtration and heat recovery to provide a constant exchange of stale air so you will have the cleanest, freshest air in town!
In-Person Class Protocols
All classes continue to be offered virtually.
Your Health – Our Health
- Register for class online. Bookings are first come, first served. Walk-ins are accepted and must check in at the Front Desk on arrival.
- A maximum of 24 students will be permitted to attend class in-person in the Body Room, 15 students in the Soul Room and 5 in the Mind Room.
- The Body Room is heated to 85 degrees F/27-29 degrees C for warm classes and 95 degrees F/32-35 degrees C for hot classes. The Soul Room and Mind Room are regular room temperature.
- We have blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters available for use. If you prefer to use your own props, bring them with you. Yoga mats are not provided but can be rented.
- Bring a pre-filled water bottle. Herbal tea is a available with disposable cups.
- Our Change Rooms are open. Day lockers are available for use during class. Bring only what you need to practice into the studio rooms.
- Bathrooms and showers are available for use. Please bring your own soap/shampoo for showering. Towels can be rented.
Reservation, Cancellation and Wait-List Policy
- Class Cancellation Policy: As we are offering limited spots for in-person attendance, we now require students to cancel reservations they cannot attend more than 12 hours before the start of class to allow another student the opportunity to attend. Late cancellations or no-shows will be deducted from your Class Package or charged a late fee of $33.00 for Auto-Renews and Annual Memberships.
- Wait-list Policy for In-Person Classes: If it’s outside of the 12 hour cancellation window and you’re next on the wait-list, you’ll be added to class automatically if someone cancels. Once you’re added, our cancellation policy applies.
In-Person Class Procedures:
- Arrive for class not more than 15 minutes prior to start time.
- Leave your coat and footwear in the entrance area.
- Check in at the Front Desk.
- Once directed to the studio room, place your yoga mat with the front edge centered on the yellow floor marker.
- Props are available in the studio rooms for your use.
- Leave any props used at your practice space for us to prepare them for the next class.
- In order for cleaning to begin, please exit within 5 minutes of class ending.
- Conversations can continue outside the studio room.
Registered Massage Therapy & wellness Treatment Protocols
Our Registered Massage Therapists continue to offer care and treatments and are here to support you physically, mentally and emotionally. Our RMT’s follow the COVID-19 Practice Guidance for Massage Therapists from The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, CMTO, and Public Health.
Please note the following points on how we address appointments:
- Arrive on time for the appointment.
- It is each individual’s choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask in the Centre and/or during treatment. Our RMTs will respect your choice and mask accordingly.
- All forms to be completed will be emailed to you before your appointment. Clients will be COVID-19 screened prior to the appointment. No treatment will be provided if you arrive with any COVID-19 symptoms.
- We continue to thoroughly sanitise our hands before and after appointments.
- Our sheets, headrest covers, blankets and towels are professionally sanitized by a commercial linen service and replaced for every client. We sanitize the headrest, massage table and all other touch surfaces between clients.
- All services will be prepaid in advance of the appointment either online at the time of booking or over the phone.
- For cancellation, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required or full fee applies.