The health and safety of our community is our top priority. We work extremely hard to keep our Centre pristine, and everyone who enters safe. As the health climate continues to evolve, so do our standards of health and safety at PranaShanti Yoga Centre and PranaShanti Education Centre.
Step 3 of Ontario’s Re-opening allows for Outdoor In-Person Yoga Classes and Indoor In-Person Classes starting July 16, 2021. In-Person Shopping in our Boutique is available with reduced capacity.
Because Registered Massage Therapy being a regulated health profession, our Registered Massage Therapists continue to offer care and treatments and are here to support you physically, mentally and emotionally during this challenging time.
Please use this screening link before booking an appointment and arriving at the Centre.
Please note the following points on how we address our space:
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and front desk.
- Everyone must follow the City of Ottawa mask by-law.
- Signage indicating best handwashing practices has been installed in the change rooms.
- Lockers are not available in the change rooms.
- Antibacterial door handles have been installed.
- A protective plexiglass screen has been installed at our front desk.
- Payments in cash are no longer accepted; credit, debit, or electronic payment are available.
- Self-service stations (water and tea) are not available.
- We use Government of Canada approved cleaning products and protocols to maintain the cleanliness of all spaces and disinfect touch surfaces in the common areas throughout the day.
- A local commercial cleaning company performs a deep clean/disinfection (EnviroShield) of the entire Centre once per week.
- Our heating, ventilation and air conditioning system is custom designed to include the latest in air filtration and heat recovery to provide a constant exchange of stale air so you will have the cleanest, freshest air in town!
In-Person Class Protocols
In-Person Classes resume July 16, 2021.
All classes continue to be offered virtually.
Your Health – Our Health
- Walk-ins will not be accepted. You must pre-register for class online. Bookings are first come, first served.
- The Body Room is heated to 85 degrees F/29 degrees C. The Soul Room is regular room temperature.
- Masks are to be worn when arriving, in the common areas and when departing. In accordance with Ottawa Public Health, the mandatory mask rule is waived when participating in an athletic or fitness activity. If you would like to wear a mask while practicing, please do so.
- Social distancing of 2 metres must be maintained.
- Class start and end times have been staggered to create more social distancing space for arriving and departing class.
- We have blocks, straps and vinyl bolsters available for use. If you prefer to use your own props, bring them with you. Yoga mats are not provided and are not available to rent or borrow.
- Bring a pre-filled water bottle.
- Our change rooms are open but we ask you to arrive dressed in your yoga attire. Lockers are not provided. Bring only what you need to practice into the studio rooms.
- Bathrooms are available for use.
- Arrive for class not more than 15 minutes prior to start time.
Reservation, Cancellation and
- A maximum of 10 students will be permitted to attend class in-person in the Body Room and 9 students in the Soul Room.
- Class Cancellation Policy: As we are offering limited spots for in-person attendance, we now require students to cancel reservations they cannot attend more than 12 hours before the start of class to allow another student the opportunity to attend. Late cancellations or no-shows will be deducted from your Class Package or charged a late fee of $27.00 for Auto-Renews and Annual Memberships.
- Wait-list Policy for In Person Classes: If it’s outside of the 12 hour cancellation window and you’re next on the wait-list, you’ll be added to class automatically if someone cancels. Once you’re added, our new cancellation policy applies.
In Person Class Procedures:
- As a reminder, pre-registration for classes is required.
- When you arrive, you will be asked a series of health check questions by our front desk Staff.
- Leave your coat and footwear in the entrance area.
- You will then be directed to hand sanitizer and our designated mat spaces that are spaced for social distancing.
- Place your yoga mat with the front edge centered to the yellow floor marker.
- The blocks, straps and vinyl bolsters available in the studio room have been sanitized.
- After class leave any props used at your practice space for us to sanitize for the next class.
- Masks on please when moving to and from your practice space. As directed by the government, masks are optional when on your mat. Social distancing must be maintained.
- Exit in an orderly way while maintaining social distancing.
- In order for cleaning to begin, please exit within 5 minutes of class ending.
- Conversations can continue outside with social distancing.
Registered Massage Therapy & wellness Treatment Protocols
Please note the following points on how we address appointments:
- Arrive on time and alone for the appointment.
- When you arrive phone the Centre and wait outside until you are asked to enter.
- Clients must arrive wearing a mask and must wear a mask during treatment. Disposable 3-ply masks are available during treatment, if needed. Clients unable to wear masks should not be making appointments at this time.
- All RMTs will be wearing disposable surgical masks.
- All forms to be completed will be emailed to you before your appointment. We have multiple screening protocols to ensure all clients are symptom-free before arriving for an appointment. No treatment will be provided if you arrive with any of the listed symptoms.
- Clients must sanitize their hands upon entry. Hand sanitizer is provided. We will continue to thoroughly wash our hands before and after appointments.
- Our sheets, headrest covers and towels are professionally sanitized by a commercial linen service and replaced for every client. We sanitize the headrest, massage table and all other touch surfaces between clients.
- We have reduced the furniture in the space for social distancing and have extended the time between appointments to limit contact.
- For contact-less payment, all services will be prepaid in advance of the appointment either online at the time of booking or over the phone.
- For cancellation, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required or full fee applies.
The Ministry of Health and the College of Massage Therapists govern the rules and requirements of massage therapists in Ontario. We are required to ask you to complete COVID screenings and health history forms that are added to your client file.