For ALL Yoga Teachers and Students!
The Sanskrit language has a power like no other. Each word creates a specific vibration in the mind which is the essence of that word. Using Sanskrit terms in your class will resonate directly with the students on a level that is beyond the physical senses. Incorporating Sanskrit into your classes can be as simple as adding the names of a few postures to exploring philosophy with several terms.
In this course you will gain familiarity with the Sanskrit language through study of common words, pronunciations and common mispronunciations. Learn how to use potentially unfamiliar words with grace and smoothness to help students gain further understanding of the practice.
We will explore the alphabet, its design and how it is written in the roman alphabet. Like this it will be easier to create the proper pronunciation as you read words and texts in transliterated Sanskrit.
The course will explore how to incorporate Sanskrit words into the theme of your class. This allows students to learn more words and also concepts that can deepen their practice. For example, how to use ahimsa or viveka as a theme that can carry through a class. Sanskrit Mantras: Om and beyond. We will learn several mantras, their meanings, stories and how to incorporate them into a class.
- Feel the vibration, power and beauty of Sanskrit
- Why using Sanskrit terms is a benefit to your students and yourself
- How to incorporate Sanskrit into your teaching with comfort and skill
- Gain more familiarity with the names of asanas in Sanskrit
- Learn how to use Sanskrit names along with English to keep the class accessible and also true to its roots
- Introduction to the Sanskrit alphabet including common pronunciations and mispronunciations
- How to read transliteration (Sanskrit written in the roman alphabet)
- How to use the Sanskrit words you already know to gain more understanding of sacred texts
- Mantra pronunciation and meaning
- How to use a glossary of common terms in yoga philosophy with their meanings and how to incorporate them into a themed class
Dates and Times
Saturday, May 27, 2023
- 11:00 am ET to 5:00 pm ET
- Breaks will be provided
SAVE $45.00 by registering on or before March 31, 2023, for $250.00 per person.
$295.00 per person thereafter.
Fee includes the training, manual and certificate.
If you live away from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and would like printed training materials to be sent to you, please ensure you sign up at least 10 days before the course start date in order for us to ship the materials to you. Otherwise e-documents will be provided, where possible.
This course is open to general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga and/or meditation practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Program Core Module: 6 Hours