“Meditation: Because some answers can only be found on the Inner net.” – Shira Tamir
Meditation is one of the most natural and rewarding of all human activities. It brings balance, rest, and a growing inner peace.
While its highest and original purpose is to help us awaken our inner, spiritual nature, the benefits to body and mind are well established by medical research.
Practiced on a daily basis, meditation produces profound results on all levels of your being—physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. It connects you with your own inner powers of vitality, clarity, and peace.
Join, PranaShanti Yoga Centre Director, Devinder Kaur, for a pragmatic introductory course to learn more about the powerful affects of meditation and how to teach simple and effective meditation techniques to others.
In this training, you will learn how to integrate meditation into your lifestyle and learn how to teach simple and effective meditation techniques to beginner students with clarity and ease.
During our weekend together, we will:
- Explore the science, philosophy and practicality of different meditation techniques
- Gain a solid understanding of different meditation and how these practices can assist different populations
- Learn how to practically present these teachings to your existing student base, work place or general public
This introductory course is suitable for all Yoga students, Yoga Teachers, wellness instructors, mental health counselors, doctors, nurses, social workers, psychologists, and other health care professionals.
During the course you will learn:
Introduction to Meditation
- If happiness is within, where do I find it?
- Why people have a difficult time meditating and how to make it easy
- The concerns that may arise in meditation practice and how to overcome them
The Science of Meditation
- What are the stress reaction and the relaxation response?
- The most recent research on the benefits of meditation
The Philosophy of Meditation
- History of Meditation
- How to answer your students’ challenging questions
- Lesson plans for a meditation workshop and class series
Types of Meditation Practices
- The most common styles of meditation
- How to guide breathing techniques, meditation and relaxation
- Mudra, mantra and sound meditation techniques
The Business of Meditation
- Where to conduct your classes
- How to create advertising that will bring results
- How to attract a steady flow of students
Dates and Times
Friday, December 2, 2022 to Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 11:30 am – 5 pm
Breaks will be provided. A reading list will be provided in advance of the start date of the training and contains required reading for the training.
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person as Ontario and City of Ottawa health authorities permit.
SAVE $45.00 by registering on or before September 30, 2022 for $450.00 per person. $495.00 per person thereafter.
Fee includes the training, manual and certificate.
The 20 hour training prepares and certifies you to teach a 2-hour introductory meditation workshop and lead beginner individual or group meditation classes.
This course is open to general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga and/or meditation practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance. This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Program Core Module: 20 Hours