We offer a variety of trainings in formats to suit all our students’ needs. We provide continuing education in the form of Master Classes and stand-alone Yoga Teacher Trainings, professional teaching programs recognized by the Yoga Alliance in Hatha and Kundalini, as well as a Teaching Assistant program.
We also provide workshops for the hobbyist and the curious student. In addition to workshops, we offer Work Exchange and Scholarship programs. We want you to explore; whether it is yoga, your profession or your deepest self.
We believe that in learning, there is life. In self-discovery, there is growth and the shedding of practices and beliefs that no longer serve us. We want to offer everyone the opportunity to know themselves better through comprehensive programs that serve the personal journey and the professional one.
Attending Courses at PranaShanti
Please note the following in your preparation for attending courses with us:
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in easily.
- Dress in layers. Bring a sweater or shawl/wrap and socks as the body will cool down after yoga and meditation and if the course is being held in a cooler season.
- Your comfort if important to us. Typically, courses are held where participants sit on the floor on a yoga mat. If you prefer to not sit on the floor, please let us know so we can arrange to have a backjack or chair for you. Yoga mats are available for purchase or rent at the Front Desk.
- Each day of a course bring the following items with you: yoga mat, meditation cushion, water bottle or mug for tea, sweater, shawl or blanket, socks, notebook, pen, and snacks, if you do not plan to go out for breaks.
- We are a vegetarian facility, so please no meat products with you for snacks or meals. If the course is scheduled to occur in the Spirit Room, there is a small kitchen where you can store your food items and do light meal preparations otherwise you will need to bring a cooler bag to store your food. There are numerous restaurant, coffee shop and market options a short walk from PranaShanti.
- When you arrive, please check in at the Front Desk so we can record your attendance and direct you the Studio Room and advise you of other aspects of our Centre.
- In order to keep the training space clear for ease of movement please store your coat, shoes, bags, purses, etc., outside the Studio Room. Lockers are available in the Men’s and Women’s Change Rooms to store your items. If you plan to use a locker please bring a lock with you.
- We offer FREE evening and weekend parking. Parking is first come, first served. During weekdays (Monday to Friday between 8 am and 5 pm) we share the parking lots with neighboring businesses so it is recommended that on week days that you park in the paid parking lots a short walk away, use neighborhood street parking, bus, bike or have someone drop you off and pick you up. If you are parking in a public lot we suggest if you are not familiar with the neighborhood, that you select a parking lot in advance so you will not be in a rush when you arrive. Link to parking options: Public Parking
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” Yogi Bhajan.