Instructor: PranaShanti Faculty
Location: Education Centre and Online
Virtual and/or In-Person Program
“This training was so much more than I imagined! I thought I was going to learn all about postures and anatomy, and I did but I also learned something even more valuable – I learned about myself – my authentic self. Thank you.” – LM
“This was such an incredible experience. I made new friends and I feel like we have known each other forever. I stepped outside my comfort zone to teach and gained a new level of self confidence I didn’t know I had! I learned so much more than asanas and pranayam. Wow! Thanks so much for this awesome training!”- JK
At PranaShanti Yoga Centre we have offered over 25 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainings!
Yoga programs at PranaShanti are life-transforming and for everyone, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge. Our Summer Program is designed to help accommodate your busy schedule. This format allows for you to really dive into the teachings: physically, mentally and spiritually while respecting your commitments to work, family, schooling and personal life.
Our program provides you with a solid foundational background in yoga that draws on the Hatha and Vinyasa yoga traditions, as well as modern knowledge of bio-mechanics and movement, so that you can confidently teach holistic, all-levels classes in a clear and compassionate manner. You will deepen your experience of postures and meditation, expand your understanding of yogic and western anatomy, yoga philosophy, and Ayurveda, and you will refine your communication and listening skills all while being part of a supportive community that fosters inquiry, creativity and lifelong learning.
With a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours you will graduate as a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). This format provides you with as much knowledge and hands-on practice teaching time as possible.
Dates and Times
The format of the program is comprised of evening lectures, weekend practice time, self study and yoga classes with PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
The program can be attended 100% online! Whether you live a distance away or simply prefer to join in virtually, the online option is available to you for the full program.
Group Lecture: Live Stream or In-Person
Weeknight Evenings from 6 pm to 9 pm ET are offered as Live Stream or In-Person:
- Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Practice Weekends: Live Stream or In-Person
9 am to 6 pm ET each day with some weekends being 3 full days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and some 4 full days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday):
- June 23-24-25-26, 2022
- July 8-9-10, 2022
- July 21-22-23-24, 2022
- August 5-6-7, 2022
- August 18-19-20-21, 2022
Yoga Classes/Practices will be held outdoors in good weather. Training sessions will be offered as a hybrid of live stream and in-person, at the participant’s choice, as soon as the provincial and city health authorities permit in-person attendance which is estimated to be mid-July, 2021.
Free Info Sessions
To find out more about our upcoming Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, please join us and bring your questions!
- Wednesday, April 13 at 7 pm
- Monday, May 16 at 6 pm
- Saturday, June 18 at 11 am
Group Lecture and Practice Weekends
Attend all group lecture and practice weekends dates.
Complete homework (reading, writing, practice teaching) between group sessions. Prepare a yoga presentation, teach class sequences to the group and complete a yoga class journal for each of the 20 yoga classes attended.
20 Yoga Classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
Practice and observe various different teachers, teaching and yoga styles. Offered online and in person.
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with compassion and confidence in-person and online. Participate in Posture Clinics to breakdown the asanas, and learn about sequencing, props, cuing, music and holding space
- Meditation – Practice a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind and understand the benefits and science behind the practice
- Pranayama – Explore powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi shodhana. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana
- Anatomy – Study anatomy and the effects of yoga on the body, including physical and energetic postural alignment
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life. Explore Yoga’s rich history
- Ayurveda – Experience yoga’s sister science for health and vitality, self care and nourishment
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion – Understand and recognise ourselves as transformation leaders through the teaching of yoga
- Yoga for Everyone – Explore the topics of accessibility, adaptation, modification, and receive an introduction to various yoga styles
- Teaching Yoga – Take a peak behind the scenes to a day in the life of a yoga teacher and studio owner to understand the practicalities of this profession
We offer a Teaching Assistant Program as part of our trainings so 200 hour level Teachers can continue to hone their skills in the training environment and be of service to the teachers-in-training.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
Hold your space! A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
- $2,950.00 + HST before April 30, 2022;
- $3,200.00 + HST May 1, 2022 onward and paid in full before our start date; or
- Payment Plan: $3,500.00 + HST. A deposit of $500.00 + HST plus 4 monthly payments (May, June, July and August). All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
- NEW! 50% discount for PranaShanti 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher graduates that would like to repeat the program.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
Once registered you will receive the access instructions and code for the course.
There is no refund for the $500.00 + tax deposit.
Refunds for the balance of the course fees (minus a $500.00 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date. No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
What is Included
- 1 Yoga Manual, 2 text books and numerous handouts and slides
- Access to our digital library of supplemental information and recordings
- Membership in a private Facebook Group for participants and teachers in the program
- Home study assignment/projects, presentation, journaling
- Practice teaching and mentorship
- An Unlimited Yoga Class Package that starts on the first day of the program and ends on the last day of the program to support you in completing the 20 Yoga Class requirement
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at the PranaShanti Boutique for such items as books, manuals, clothing, yoga props, yoga mats and bags.
- During the training receive a 10% discount when registering and paying in full for upcoming courses and trainings offered at PranaShanti.
PranaShanti is an ESDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.