Our Teaching Assistant Program is an opportunity for Yoga Teachers who want to make a difference for the participants in the training. As an assistant to the training you will deepen your teaching practice, advance your yoga knowledge and gain more confidence and experience in your presentation and teaching skills.
Many of our Teaching Assistants also join our Sub Teaching roster or teach classes on our regular Class Schedule, lead class series or offer workshops.
Who is this program for?
- Yoga teachers with a 200 Hour Level Completion Certificate (or equivalent).
- Yoga teachers with a minimum of 1 year active teaching experience.
- Yoga teachers wanting to experience Yoga Teacher Training from the other side of the mat.
- Yoga teachers seeking to deepen their knowledge and teaching practices.
- Yoga teachers seeking to be actively involved in the community while gaining valuable personal and profession development skills and experience.
What is your commitment?
- Attend the entire Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- Arrive at the training early each day to help with space setup.
- Stay afterwards each day to help with space clean up.
- Commitment to the participants of the teacher training for the duration of the program – props, pep talks, check ins, emails, whatever is needed, as needed.
- Commitment to the Teaching Team by assisting with the preparation of course material, check ins, emails, student updates.
- Plan and prepare, with the support of the Teaching Team, the sessions you will present in the program.
What do you receive?
In addition to the knowledge, practice, teaching experience, and additional personal and professional skill development you will receive by being an active member of the Teaching Team, we provide:
- All program materials.
- An Unlimited Yoga Class Package for the duration of the program.
- A 25% discount on purchases at the Centre.
- Participation in a Master Class Weekend or Course at no cost (a $300.00-400.00 value)
- Mentorship from members of the Teaching Team.
- Teaching experience in the program with supportive feedback from the Teaching Team.
- Hands on learning and practice by assisting members of the Teaching Team in their public classes.
- The opportunity to be part of our Sub Teaching roster to lead public classes, and/or offer classes series and workshops for remuneration.
How to Apply
To apply, please email info@PranaShanti.com and we will send you the application form.
Applications are due as follows:
- Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – Summer 2019 – April 30, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – Part Time 2019 – August 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM