For ALL Yoga Teachers and Students!
Chair Yoga adapts traditional yoga poses so that they can be done with a chair for support, making yoga more accessible for all people.
Our society is aging and there are many people unable to practice a standard yoga class.
Chair yoga also provides a gentle but effective practice for those with mobility or disability issues.
The chair takes the place of the yoga mat, and poses are seated or supported by the chair. You get a warm-up, stretching and strengthening, whether you’re coming off a sports injury, challenged by the physical limits of aging, or have been sitting for too many hours at your desk.
This program will offer you the tools to help you and/or your students build strength, awareness and confidence as well as to increase well-being both physically and mentally. Learn how to work with this ever growing group who can get so much benefit from the practice of yoga with the assistance of a chair!
Topics covered include:
- How to teach a 30-60 min chair yoga class
- Teaching a group living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
- Teaching students Multiple Sclerosis and other causes of limited mobility
- Teaching chair yoga for office workers
- Identifying common issues that make a chair necessary
- Setting up the class and how to teach from a chair
- Understanding the anatomy and mental dimensions of aging
- Yoga Philosophy on aging
- Meditation and Mantras
- Storytelling and other ways to share the yogic philosophy
- How to find work as a chair yoga instructor and volunteer opportunities
- Practicum – Students will have the opportunity to practice teach
Dates and Times
Friday, May 31, 2024, to Sunday, June 2, 2024
- Friday – 6 pm ET – 9 pm ET (Chair Yoga Class experience)
- Saturday – 10 am ET to 4 pm ET
- Sunday – 10 am ET to 4 pm ET
Periodic breaks provided.
SAVE $45.00 by registering on or before March 31, 2024, for $450.00 per person.
$495.00 per person thereafter.
Fee includes the training, manual and certificate.
This course is open to general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance. This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Elective Module: 15 Hours