Instructor: PranaShanti Faculty
Location: Education Centre and Online
Live Stream Online Course and/or In-Person
Our yoga programs are life-transforming and for everyone, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.
“We all came into this training looking for more, for a better way to be. We found that we were not alone in this quest and we helped each other just a little along our journey. Our time in the physical classroom is over but our paths are forever changed because of each other and as we move forward on our journeys, we know we don’t have to do it alone….we have our yoga family.” KA
This Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Part-Time program is designed to help accommodate your busy schedule. It offers the possibility to really dive into the teachings: physically, mentally and spiritually while respecting your commitments to work, family, schooling and personal life.
This PranaShanti Teacher Training program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours so that you graduate a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). This format provides future teachers exposure to as much knowledge and hands-on practice teaching time as possible.
Our program provides you with a foundational background in yoga that draws on the Hatha and Vinyasa yoga traditions, as well as modern knowledge of bio-mechanics and movement, so that you can confidently teach holistic, all-levels classes in a clear, compassionate manner. You will deepen your understanding of asana (postures), develop a functional understanding of yogic and Western anatomy, yoga philosophy and theory, Ayurveda, meditation, personal development and communication skills. The course requirements include a research presentation, a yoga class journal, and active participation in the classroom.
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with compassion and confidence in person and online. Participate in Posture Clinics to breakdown the asanas, and learn about sequencing, props, cuing, music and holding space
- Meditation – Practice a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind and understand the benefits and science behind the practice
- Pranayama – Explore powerful breath techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi shodhana. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana
- Anatomy – Study anatomy and the effects of yoga on the body, including physical and energetic postural alignment
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life. Explore Yoga’s rich history
- Ayurveda – Experience yoga’s sister science for health and vitality, self care and nourishment
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion – Understand and recognise ourselves as transformation leaders through the teaching of yoga
- Yoga for Everyone – Explore the topics of accessibility, adaptation, modification, and receive an introduction to various yoga styles
- Teaching Yoga – Take a peak behind the scenes to a day in the life of a yoga teacher and studio owner to understand the practicalities of this profession
Dates and Times
- September 23-24-25, 2022
- October 28-29-30, 2022
- November 11-12-13, 2022
- January 6-7-8, 2023
- February 10-11-12, 2023
- March 10-11-12, 2023
- April 14-15-16, 2023
Weeknight evenings 6 pm to 9 pm. All evening sessions are available by Live Stream or In-Person.
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Tuesday, November 22, 2022
- Tuesday, December 6 and 13, 2022 (2 sessions in December)
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Stephanie Turple, Anna Egan, Michael Hutkins, Brandi Cowl, Devinder Kaur, Anne Tessier, Kim Taylor (RMT), and Dr. Saba Alvi.
At PranaShanti, the members of our Teacher Training Team are Yoga Alliance certified at the 200, 300 and 500 hour level and are specialists in their fields of study and profession. Our Teachers range from all traditions of yoga and are committed to your study and learning.
We also offer a Teaching Assistant Program as part of our trainings so 200 hour level Teachers can continue to hone their skills in the training environment and be of service to the teachers-in-training.
- $2,950.00 + HST before August 15, 2022
- $3,200.00 + HST starting August 16, 2022, onward and paid in full before our start date; or
- Payment Plan: $3,500.00 + HST. A deposit of $500.00 + HST plus 7 monthly payments (September 2022 to March 2023). All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
What is Included:
- 1 Yoga Manual, 2 text books and numerous handouts and slides
- Access to our digital library of supplemental information and recordings
- Membership in a private Facebook Group for participants and teachers in the program
- Home study assignment/projects, presentation, journaling
- Practice teaching and mentorship
- An Unlimited Yoga Class Package that starts on the first day of the program and ends on the last day of the program to support you in completing the 20 Yoga Class requirement
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at the PranaShanti Boutique for such items as books, manuals, clothing, yoga props, yoga mats and bags.
- During the training receive a 10% discount when registering and paying in full for upcoming courses and trainings offered at PranaShanti.