200+ Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
October 2, 2020 to May 16, 2021
Our 23rd 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Training Program!
At PranaShanti Yoga Centre we have offered over 20 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainings. This fall we are offering a very special training experience that draws on the caliber and depth of specialization of our most experienced Teachers!
Yoga programs at PranaShanti are life-transforming and for everyone, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge. Our Fall Program is designed to help accommodate your busy schedule. The part-time format allows for you to really dive into the teachings: physically, mentally and spiritually while respecting your commitments to work, family, schooling and personal life.
Our program provides you with a solid foundational background in yoga that draws on the Hatha and Vinyasa yoga traditions, as well as modern knowledge of bio-mechanics and movement, so that you can confidently teach holistic, all-levels classes in a clear and compassionate manner.
You will deepen your experience of postures and meditation, expand your understanding of yogic and western anatomy, yoga philosophy, and Ayurveda, and you will refine your communication and listening skills all while being part of a supportive community that fosters inquiry, creativity and lifelong learning.
With a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours you will graduate as a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). The course requirements include a research presentation, a yoga class journal, and active participation in the classroom. This format provides you with as much knowledge and hands-on practice teaching time as possible.
Dates and Timings
The format of the program is comprised of evening lectures, weekend practice time, self study and public yoga classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
Online Group Lecture:
Weeknight Evenings from 6 pm to 9 pm. Our evening sessions will be offered by Live Stream.
- Monday, October 19
- Monday, November 2
- Monday, December 7
- Monday, January 25
- Monday, February 22
- Monday, March 29
- Monday, April 26
In Person or Live Stream Practice Weekends
Fridays, 6 pm to 9 pm and Saturdays and Sundays, 9 am to 6 pm each day. Please note that our first weekend will be offered by Live Stream.
- October 2, 3, 4, 2020 (Live Stream)
- November 20, 21, 22, 2020
- January 15, 16, 17, 2021
- February 12, 13, 14, 2021
- March 12, 13, 14, 2021
- April 16, 17, 18, 2021
- May 14, 15, 16, 2021
- Complete homework (reading, writing, practice teaching) between group sessions.
- Prepare a yoga research presentation and complete a yoga class journal for each of the 20 yoga classes attended.
20 Yoga Classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
We offer the largest variety of yoga styles in Ottawa! Practice and observe various different teachers, teaching and yoga styles.
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with compassion and confidence. Participate in Posture Clinics to breakdown the asanas, and learn about sequencing, modifications, props, cuing, music and holding space
- Meditation – Practice a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind and understand the benefits and science behind the practice
- Pranayama – Explore powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana
- Anatomy – Study anatomy and the effects of yoga on the body, including physical and energetic postural alignment
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life. Explore Yoga’s rich hisotry and language
- Ayurveda – Experience yoga’s sister science for health and vitality, self care and nourishment
- Spiritual Ecology and Social Activism – Understand and recognise ourselves as transformation leaders through the teaching of yoga
- Yoga for Everyone – Explore the topics of accessibility, inclusion, trauma informed practice, and receive an introduction to various yoga styles
- Business of Yoga – Take a peak behind the scenes to a day in the life of a yoga teacher and studio owner to understand the practicalities of this profession
Read more in our Program Outline and Curriculum.
At PranaShanti, the members of our Teacher Training Team are all Yoga Alliance certified at the 200 hour or 300 hour level. Our Teachers range from all traditions of yoga and are committed to your study and learning.
We offer a Teaching Assistant Program as part of our trainings so 200 hour level Teachers can continue to hone their skills in the training environment and be of service to the teachers-in-training.
Teaching Team Leads
- Devinder Kaur – Meditation, Ethics, Business of Yoga
- Laurie Howe – Teaching Asana, Philosophy, Anatomy
- Stephanie Turple – Teaching Asana, Teaching Methodology, Props
- Kathleen Burr – Yogic Anatomy, Yoga for Everyone
- Jessie Carson – Spiritual Ecology and Social Activism
- Cat Doyle – Ayurveda, Aromatherapy, Hot Yoga, Yin Yoga
- Paula Munroe – Teaching Asana
- Micahel Hutkins – Philosophy, Chair Yoga
- Anne Wanda Tessier – Relaxation, Restorative Yoga
Free Online Information Sessions
Our FREE Online Information Session are noted below:
- Sunday, July 26 – 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 18 – 7:30 pm
- Saturday, September 12 – 2 pm
- Thursday, October 1 – 6 pm
Please contact us with any questions and we can also arrange a date and time to meet one-on-one top discuss the program.
Hold your space! A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
- $2,950.00 + HST before August 31, 2020
- $3,200.00 + HST September 1, 2020 onward and paid in full before our start date; or
- Payment Plan: $3,500.00 + HST. A deposit of $500.00 + HST plus 7 monthly payments (October 2020 to April 2021) of $428.57 + HST. All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
There is no refund for the $500.00 + tax deposit. Refunds for the balance of the course fees (minus a $500.00 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date. No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
What is Included
- Yoga Manual, text book and handouts
- Unlimited Yoga Class Package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
- Home study assignment/projects, research presentation, journaling
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- Opportunities to assist in drop-in classes
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
PranaShanti is an ESDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.