Explore Restorative Yoga beyond the basics!
This advanced restorative yoga training is for experienced restorative yoga teachers and students who would like to expand their knowledge of this relaxing yoga practice.
We will learn various new poses not covered in introductory restorative yoga trainings, explore the physiology of relaxation and the therapeutic benefits of this practice.
We will explore the effects of rest on the body, mind and nervous system and the importance of finding calm in our busy lives.
In this 20-hour training students will have the opportunity to practice restorative yoga poses and explore how to use props to fully support the body, including variations and alternatives depending on injuries or other health conditions. We will explore how to safely support the body in inversions and backbends as well as how to modify or offer alternatives for various poses. We will learn how restorative yoga can help restore balance in our lives and how this practice can help to reduce stress, anxiety, anger and depression.
Students will leave the training with knowledge on how to sequence a restorative class for their own practice, for private and group classes as well as teaching online.
What will we explore in this training?
- New restorative poses and use of props
- Therapeutic benefits of restorative yoga
- Breathing techniques, mantras
- How to elicit the relaxation response
- Physiology of relaxation
- Safe and supported Inversions
- Offering modifications or alternatives in a class
- Soothing emotions with restorative yoga
- Poses to balance anger, depression and anxiety
- Several back-bend variations
- More than 5 variations of savanasa
- Importance of supporting the head & variations of head support
- Restorative yoga & the link to the spine, nervous system & organs
- Restorative yoga with minimal props
- Sequencing and teaching in-person and on-line restorative yoga
Friday, February 24, 2023, to Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Friday: 6 pm ET to 9 pm ET
- Saturday: 9 am ET to 5 pm ET
- Sunday: 9 am ET to 5 pm ET
SAVE! $450.00 per person before December 31, 2022, $495.00 per person thereafter.
There will be a homework assignment for participants in the PranaShanti 300-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
This course is recommended for teachers with a minimum of 1 year teaching experience with a basic understanding and practice of restorative yoga.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Program Elective Module: 20 Hours