Always a hit and these make the house smell so amazing. Devinder’s Mom, Josephine, baked these cookies for well over a decade for students to enjoy with tea after yoga class on Sundays.
We’re looking forward to bringing this tradition back to the Centre in 2023!
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp each ginger, cinnamon and clove
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Blend together shortening and sugar, then add eggs and molasses.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and slowly add it to the wet mix.
- Spoon into small balls and flatten on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.