Take your teaching to the next level of impact and depth by learning how to create class themes that inspire students to find greater meaning in their yoga practice on – and beyond – the mat. Think of the most inspiring and memorable yoga teachers you know. Undoubtedly, they’re teachers who convey the essence of yoga through their teaching and inspire students to embrace yoga as more than just a physical practice.
This is the power of teaching the inner posture of yoga, the approaches to practice that reflect the affirming and expansive vision of the yoga tradition. It’s the foundation of teaching that invites students to deepen their practice and experience yoga as a means to support their emotional and spiritual well-being as well as their physical health.
We’re thrilled to welcome back senior teacher and author Barrie Risman for this weekend training where she’ll teach you how to bring a deeper dimension to your classes and workshops by creating themes that are as uplifting and transformative as they are down-to-earth and relatable.
Barrie will share the tools and methods she’s developed over the past two decades that have helped thousands of practitioners around the world discover the depth – and delight – of yoga as a practice of sacred inner connection and more purposeful living.
We’ll dive into rich contemplative study practices and creative processes to call forth your authentic voice and your genuine, lived experience of yogic wisdom. Out of your own discoveries, you’ll learn how to effectively and naturally inspire students to find greater meaning and depth in their yoga practice, on and beyond the mat.
This 20-hour course is designed for teachers who are ready to dive deeper into the vision and teachings of yoga.
This training, offered with both live and online options, will include a manual with templates for incorporating teaching themes into your classes, practical and experiential exercises, and tools for continuing to work with the concepts and methods presented.
- Learn and practice methods for creating clear and effective class themes
- Learn and practice processes for contemplative inquiry into the teachings of yoga (Svadhyaya) and yogic self-inquiry (Atma vichara)
- Reflect on and discuss foundational teachings of yoga and how they apply to postural yoga practice as a basis for creating effective teaching themes
- Articulate the insights that come from contemplative study and inquiry
- Learn how to lead an effective theme-oriented centering at the beginning of class
- Prepare and practice presenting class themes in your centering
- Learn methods for effectively incorporating yogic wisdom into your teaching and receive tools to continue to expand your skills in this regard.
- Support and learn from fellow participants by offering and receiving feedback
- Receive handouts and support materials to supplement your learning
A section of Tantra Illuminated by Christopher Wallis
There will be a written assignment that will include a written reflection and a class plan based on a teaching theme of their choosing.
Dates and Times
Friday, April 28, 2023 to Sunday, April 30, 2023
- Friday, April 28, 2023 – 6 pm ET – 9 pm ET
- Saturday, April 29, 2023 – 9 am ET to 5 pm ET
- Sunday, April 30, 2023 – 9 am ET to 5 pm ET
$495.00 per person. Early Bird SAVINGS! Save $70.00 when registering before February 28, 2023.
Fee includes the training, manual and certificate.
This course is open to the general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 Hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance. This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Program Elective Module: 20 Hours