Teaching with Purpose: Designing Smart, Safe, and Creative Classes for All.
Learn how to thoughtfully and intelligently create mixed-level group classes that meet students where they are.
- Gain the confidence and skills needed to adapt your teaching to all levels and abilities.
- Deepen your understanding of alignment-based technique
- Learn safe, effective, and creative methods for creating and presenting classes that benefit everyone in your class.
In this training, you’ll apply an alignment-based approach to sequencing that is grounded in applied anatomy and sound bio-mechanical principles.
- Applied anatomy of yoga poses
- Biomechanics and the difference between alignment and action
- How to effectively prepare students to safely move toward more challenging poses based on principles for pose progression
- Strategies for form and flow-based classes
- How to structure a series of classes and plan a course curriculum
- Pose options and prop variations to address the needs of all your students.
- How to effectively teach mixed level classes that benefit everyone in class
You’ll receive a manual that includes templates for sequencing full-spectrum classes as well as postural categories including back-bends, hip openers/twists/seated poses, arm balances and inversions.
You’ll also practice energetic, elemental, and theme-based approaches to class offerings. You can expect an interactive combination of lecture, individual exercises, small group work, and practice building and teaching poses.
Dates and Times
Friday, May 27, 2022 to Sunday, May 29, 2022
- Friday, May 27, 2022 – 6 pm ET – 9 pm ET
- Saturday, May 28, 2022 – 10 am ET to 4 pm ET
- Sunday, May 29, 2022 – 10 am ET to 4 pm ET
- + 2 hours homework assignment, post weekend.
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person as Ontario and City of Ottawa health authorities permit.
$450.00 per person with our EARLY BIRD SAVINGS! Save $45.00 when register before February 28, 2022. $495.00 per person thereafter.
Fee includes the training, manual and certificate.
This course is open to Yoga Teachers of all disciplines and levels of teaching experience including Yoga Teachers in training. For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Core Module: 15 Hours