Wednesday: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Education Centre
Live Stream and/or In Person
The idea of one correct way to do an asana is outdated.
Join us to learn more and explore asanas from the inside out!
Our Asana Labs are mini courses where we unpack and rebuild asanas to help you understand the physical side of your practice. Learn with an anatomy informed approach that honors individual difference.
Dates and Times
Wednesdays, 6:30 pm to 9 pm:
- Session #1 – January 20, 2021: Standing Closed Hip Asanas – Live Stream Session due to lock down
- Session #2 – February 17, 2021: Standing Open Hip Asanas
- Session #3 – March 24, 2021: Standing Balancing Asanasa
- Session #4 – April 21, 2021: Back Bending Asanas – April 21, 2021
- Session #5 – May 19, 2021: Hand and Shoulder Asanas – May 19, 2021
Each session breaks down the asanas to cover the muscles, join actions (flexion/extension, etc), range of motion and modifications pertinent to each grouping of asanas. Included is time to experiment with the asanas by exploring different ways to get in and out of them, trying different cues, and investigating the ranges of motion for each person.
Attend individual sessions or sign up for the full 5 session series.
$450.00 per person for the 5 session series or $120.00 per person per session.
All welcome from the beginner to the seasoned Teacher. There is something for everyone!
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person as Ontario and City of Ottawa health authorities permit.