Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
January 25, 2019 – June 23, 2019
Our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training programs are designed to make yoga accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels.
We work on all levels of the body, mind and spirit, not only improving strength and flexibility but rejuvenating the whole being. Whether you plan to teach yoga, develop your own personal practice or would like to enhance your career by offering yoga, our program will give you a firm foundation to teach safely, skillfully and with integrity.
Our Winter program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours (classroom and classes) and 40 personal study hours. The program meets and exceeds the requirements for a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
Training Course Outline
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence.
- Meditation – Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Pranayama – Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force).
- Anatomy – Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the various body systems, the physical effects of yoga on the body, how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries.
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems.
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life.
Dates and Times
All training weekends occur at PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
- January 25, 26, 27 – Friday 6 pm to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- February 9, 10 – Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- February 22, 23, 24 – Friday 6 pm to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- March 9, 10 – Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- April 5, 6, 7 – Friday 6 pm to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- April 27-28 – Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- May 10,11, 12 – Friday 6 pm to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- May 31, June 1, 2 – Friday 6 pm to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
- June 21, 22, 23 – Friday 6 pm to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm each day
FREE Yoga Class & Info Sessions with Q&A:
Drop in, ask questions and meet members of the Training Team!
Our next dates are:
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 – 11 am to 12 pm
- Monday, January 14, 2019 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
View Letters of Recommendation from Past Students.
Believing in studying with a variety of highly trained teachers increases everyone’s knowledge and depth of experience, our dedicated and skilled faculty deliver a well-rounded curriculum that enables you to refine your expertise in particular areas of interest due to their areas of specialization.
Teaching Team: Laurie Howe, Devinder Kaur, Stephane Ippersiel, Anne Tessier and Mike Hutkins
2 Teaching Assistants
Cost and Registration
- SAVE with our Early Bird Pricing: Pay in full before November 30, 2018: $2,995.00 + HST; or
- Pay in Full on or after November 30, 2018: $3,295.00 + HST; or
- Payment Plan: Deposit of $500.00 + HST to reserve your space plus 4 monthly payments (February to May) of $698.75 + HST. All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
Hold your space! A $500.00 + HST non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
What is included
- Yoga Manual and Anatomy Text Book
- 20 Yoga class package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
- Home study assignment/projects
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- Opportunities to assist in drop-in classes
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
- Register Online, by telephone or in person.
- There is no refund for the $500.00 + HST deposit.
- Refunds, minus a $500.00 + HST Administration Fee, are available up until five (5) days before the starting date for 200 and 200+ Hour Hour Teacher Training Programs. No refunds or credits will be provided after that time.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and current military members.
- Payment plans, 1 Work Exchange and 1 Scholarship are also available.
- Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, faculty may be subject to change.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
PranaShanti is an ESDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers