Ethics and the Business of Yoga
with Devinder Kaur
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Yoga is growing, evolving and becoming more widely available. Yoga Teachers need to be of service to their communities but also need to navigate the world of business ethically, responsibly and be able to ensure their own sustainability.
In this course, we will explore:
- The Role and Identity of the Yoga Teacher;
- Code of Ethics, Excellence and Professional Standards;
- Responsibilities in the Class Setting and Outside the Class Setting;
- The key aspects to consider when developing a Yoga Teacher business plan;
- Tools for the effective day-to-day management of your Yoga Teaching business;
- Identifying and articulating your unique offerings as a Yoga Teacher;
- How to establish yourself as a professional in field of many Yoga Teachers;
- Determining the most practical paths to gain teaching experience and professional development
- Learn how to operate ethically and responsibly as a Yoga Teacher;
- Identify his/her core strengths and niche areas of teaching;
- Receive guidance to create a high level business plan/approach for their yoga teaching business.
Dates and Timings
Saturday, December 5, 2020
9 am to 6 pm
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered as Live Stream per Ontario and City of Ottawa health authority instructions.
Cost and Registration
$225.00 per person.
Please consult the Course Outline and complete the required readings listed before the start of the course.
This course is open to the general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 Hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance. This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Core Module: 10 Hours
In the event you are unable to attend the course after registration, please refer to our Refund Policy.
About Your Teacher
Attend a Kundalini class with Devinder, and you’ll experience why students have studied and practiced with her for well over fifteen years. She is a smart, experienced, and positive yoga teacher, who approaches the spiritual practice of Kundalini with humour and sensitivity. Her strong interpersonal approach to teaching helps people reach their individual goals and empower themselves through yoga. Chosen by the international Kundalini community, Devinder recently won the 2014 International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association’s “Certificate of Teacher Recognition” for an outstanding reputation of teaching.
While talented and practiced, Devinder is also thoroughly accredited – she is a 500 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher in the Hatha and Kundalini Yoga traditions. She is an Ottawa Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainer and is recognized as the Kundalini Yoga Lead Trainer in the Ottawa region, as certified by the Kundalini Research Institute (KRI). Devinder is also honoured to serve as member of the Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) Board of Directors.
Today, with over 25 years of experience as a self-employed business owner and business/IT consultant, she is a much requested presenter on television programs, at local and national Yoga and Women’s conferences, and travels extensively as a guest trainer for Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training programs.