Program Launch – January 2018
PranaShanti Yoga Centre’s HYTT 300 Hour Program is a comprehensive course of study that delves deeply into all aspects of Yoga to build on the knowledge and skills developed at the 200-Hour Level. This self-paced modular approach to advanced Yogic education allows you to customize a pathway based on your own unique needs.
Believing in studying with a variety of highly trained teachers increases everyone’s knowledge and depth of experience, our dedicated and skilled faculty deliver a well-rounded curriculum that enables you to refine your expertise in particular areas of interest due to their areas of specialization.
Intake and Registration
- To enroll, you must be at least 18 years old.
- The next round of program intake will be January 1-31, 2019. You are welcome to begin taking 300 Hour Program courses at any time and then enroll with the next Cohort of participants. PranaShanti Yoga Centre will keep track of your training and apply the hours toward your ultimate certification.
- You must complete a detailed Registration Form and it is recommended that you attend an Information Session.
- Once accepted, you must complete the HYTT 300 Hour Program within 5 years.
Yoga Alliance Standards and Certification
- PranaShanti Yoga Centre is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance and Registered Yoga Teachers are responsible for delivering the curriculum for this program.
- After successful completion of the HYTT 300 Hour Program, you can register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT 500 Level only if you completed RYS 200 training and accrued 100 hours of teaching experience upon completion of your 200 Hour program.
- The HYTT 300 Hour Program consists of the following components:
- 11 Core Modules that you are required to complete. This amounts to 200 contact hours and a total of 255 hours including non-contact hours; and
- A variety of Elective Options that you will choose. This includes a minimum of 70 contact hours and will ultimately amount to 300+ Hours including non-contact hours.
- This program is based on the 5 Educational Categories outlined by Yoga Alliance with a minimum number of designated hours. At least 270 contact hours must be fulfilled. Thus, participants will complete 300+ Hours of study since time is allotted for training breaks in addition to pre- and post-assignments.
- Approximately one Core Module or Elective Option will be offered each month. We intend to offer Core Modules on a yearly basis and Elective Options every second year. Additional Elective Options will be available in 2019 and beyond.
- The Core Modules and Elective Options can be taken in any order.
- This program is self-initiated. You will be responsible for updating a set of HYTT Tracking Sheets to ensure all requirements are met before submitting your whole HYTT Package for certification.
- Courses may be accompanied by pre- and post-training assignments. All assignments are to be submitted to PranaShanti after completing the requirements for a Core Module or Elective Option. Staff will review and provide feedback as needed. Participants will keep copies of all marked documents and then ultimately submit with all materials in the final package.
- The primary Core Modules and Elective Options are listed below.
Educational Category 1: Techniques, Training and Practice
- Pranayama, Sanskrit Language and Mantra – Core Module (40 Hours)
- Meditation – Core Module (25 Hours)
- Advanced Asana – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Yoga for Everybody and Trauma-Informed Practice – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Body Reading and Hands-on Assists – Elective Option (10 Hours)
- Yoga Nidra – Elective Option (5 Hours)
- Restorative Yoga – Elective Option (30 Hours)
- Yin Yoga – Elective Option (30 Hours)
- Gentle Yoga – Elective Option (15 Hours)
- Chair Yoga – Elective Option (15 Hours)
Educational Category 2: Teaching Methodology
- Teaching Methodology – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Ethics and Business of Yoga – Core Module (10 Hours)
Educational Category 3: Anatomy and Physiology
- Advanced Anatomy, Physiology and Bio-Mechanics – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Yoga of the Subtle Body – Core Module (20 Hours)
Educational Category 4: Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
- Yogic Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Principles of Ayurveda – Core Module (20 Hours)
Educational Category 5: Practicum
- Self Study and Supported Learning – Core Module (40 Hours)
- Mentorship (5-10 Hours)
- Mandatory: Participate in 5 moderated peer-to-peer sessions (1 hour each at no cost) at PranaShanti Yoga Centre or remotely if necessary.
- Optional: Schedule up to 5 one-on-one sessions (1 hour each at an additional cost of $100 per session) with HYTT 300-Hour Teachers. You may schedule all 5 sessions with the same teacher or choose to meet with different teachers based on your interests.
- Community Classes (10 Hours)
- Volunteer to teach Community Classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre under the supervisor of a Lead Trainer. These classes will be co-led by HYTT 300 Hour participants with a focus on receiving feedback on the teaching.
- Cohort Classes (10 Hours)
- Participate in Cohort Classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre. These classes will be held specifically for HYTT 300 Hour participants with a focus on observing others teaching and discussion of different approaches.
- Personal Practice (10 Hours)
- Attend a variety of Hatha, Gentle, Restorative and Yin Yoga classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre and prepare a written review of your experiences. The cost of class passes is not included.
- Self Reflection (5 Hours)
- Read assigned books from the Reading List. When you approach the end of your training, complete 3 book reports based on the guidelines provided.
- Mentorship (5-10 Hours)
- All training must be completed at the same Registered Yoga School (RYS) / PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
- During the program, you will be asked to complete a set of required and recommended readings. Core Modules and Elective Options may also have pre-requisite readings. In additional to all other assignments, a total of 3 book reports need to be submitted with your final HYTT Package to successfully complete the Program.
- Once all requirements have been successfully completed you will be eligible to receive a 300-Hour Certificate.
- If you miss up to 25 percent / 5 hours of a Core Module or Elective Option in Educational Categories 1-4: you may still complete the course by informing yourself of the material missed and scheduling a private session with the Teacher at PranaShanti Yoga Centre. The cost of a private session is $100.00 per hour + HST.
- If you miss more than 25 percent / 5 hours of a Core Module or Elective Option in Educational Categories 1-4: you will need to repeat the course.
- Educational Category 5 must be completed in full.
- Depending on the situation, other arrangements may be possible on compassionate grounds.
- The HYTT Program is self-paced and so is your investment. You pay for courses individually at the time of registration.
- The cost for Core Modules and Elective Options will vary due to the number of hours and other factors.
Approximate Costs for Potential Learning Pathway
Figures are based on early bird pricing and the cost of books for required readings is not included.
Cost for Core Modules: 200 Contact Hours /255 Total Hours of Training
- Total for 11 Core Modules: $3,495 + HST
Cost for Elective Options: 72 Contact Hours / 85 Total Hours of Training
- Restorative Yoga (30 Hours): $350 + HST
- Yin Yoga (30 Hours): $575 + HST
- Body Reading and Hands-on Assists (10 Hours): $175 + HST
- Chair Yoga (15 Hours): $295 + HST
- Total for 4 Elective Options: $1,395 + HST
Investment for Potential Learning Pathway: 272 Contact Hours / 340 Total Hours of Training
- $4,890 + HST
PranaShanti is an ESDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
Admission and Registration
For more details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org