Program Launch – January 2018
PranaShanti Yoga Centre’s HYTT 300-Hour Program is a comprehensive course of study that delves deeply into all aspects of Yoga, thus, building on the knowledge and skills developed at the 200-Hour Level. This self-paced modular approach to advanced Yogic education allows you to customize a pathway based on your own unique needs.
Believing in studying with a variety of highly trained teachers increases everyone’s knowledge and depth of experience, our dedicated and skilled faculty deliver a well-rounded curriculum that enables you to refine your expertise in particular areas of interest due to their areas of specialization.
FREE Information Sessions
Bring your questions, learn more and meet our Program Co-ordinator, Kathleen Burr, Our next dates are:
- Monday, January 15, 2018 – 6 pm to 7 pm
- Sunday, January 28, 2018 – 2 pm to 3 pm
Sign Up HERE!
Intake and Registration
- To enroll, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Program intake begins on January 1, 2018 and ends on April 1, 2018.
- You must complete a detailed Registration Form and it is recommended that you attend an Information Session.
- Once accepted, you must complete the HYTT 300-Hour Program within 5 years.
Yoga Alliance Standards and Certification
- PranaShanti Yoga Centre is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) and Registered Yoga Teachers are responsible for delivering the curriculum for this program.
- After successful completion of the HYTT 300-Hour Program, you can register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT 500 Level only if you completed RYS 200 training and accrued 100 hours of teaching experience upon completion of your 200-Hour program.
- The HYTT 300-Hour Program consists of 9 Core Modules (amounting to 220 hours) and a variety of Elective Options (amounting to 80 hours).
- This framework is based on the 5 Educational Categories outlined by Yoga Alliance with a minimum number of designated hours.
- Approximately one Core Module or Elective Option will be offered each month. We intend to offer each Core Module on a yearly basis and Elective Options every second year.
- The Core Modules and Elective Options can be taken in any order.
- Each Core Module is accompanied by homework assignments, which you need to complete and submit at the end of your training.
- This program is self-initiated. You will be responsible for updating your HYTT Tracking Sheets to ensure all requirements are met before submitting your whole HYTT Package for final review.
- The Core Modules and Elective Options are listed below. A schedule with full descriptions of these courses will be released by the end of 2017. Most courses will follow a Friday evening, all day Saturday and Sunday format.
Educational Category 1: Techniques, Training and Practice
- Pranayam, Sanskrit Language and Mantra – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Meditation – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Advanced Asana – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Body Reading and Hands-on Assists – Elective Option (10 Hours)
- Yoga Nidra – Elective Option (5 Hours)
- Restorative Yoga – Elective Option (30 Hours)
- Yin Yoga – Elective Option (30 Hours)
- Gentle Yoga – Elective Option (15 Hours)
- Chair Yoga – Elective Option (15 Hours)
Educational Category 2: Teaching Methodology
- Teaching Methodology – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Business of Yoga – Elective Option (5 Hours)
Educational Category 3: Anatomy and Physiology
- Advanced Anatomy, Physiology and Bio-Mechanics – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Yoga of the Subtle Body – Core Module (20 Hours)
Educational Category 4: Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
- Yogic Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics – Core Module (20 Hours)
- Principles of Ayurveda – Core Module (20 Hours)
Educational Category 5: Practicum
- Self Study and Supported Learning – Core Module (60 Hours)
- Mentorship (10 Hours)
- Supervised Teaching (5 Hours)
- Personal Practice (20 Hours)
- Written Assignments (5 Hours)
- Thesis (15 Hours)
- Community Service (5 Hours)
- During the program, you will be asked to complete a set of required and recommended readings. Core Modules and Elective Options may also have pre-requisite readings. A total of 3 book reports need to be submitted with your final HYTT Package to successfully complete the Program.
- Once all requirements have been successfully completed you will be eligible to receive a 300-Hour Certificate.
- If you miss up to 25 percent / 5 hours of a Core Module or Elective Option in Educational Categories 1-4: you may still complete the course by informing yourself of the material missed and scheduling a private session with a teacher at PranaShanti Yoga Centre. The cost of a private session is $100 per hour.
- If you miss more than 25 percent / 5 hours of a Core Module or Elective Option in Educational Categories 1-4: you will need to repeat the course.
- Educational Category 5 must be completed in full.
- Depending on the situation, other arrangements may be possible on compassionate grounds.
- The HYTT Program is self-paced and so is your investment. You pay for modules individually at the time of registration.
- The cost for Core Modules and Elective Options will vary due to the number of hours and other factors.
PranaShanti is an ESDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
Admission and Registration
For more details please email: email@example.com