Live Stream Online Course
This training is designed to equip new and experienced teachers with tools and strategies to teach brand-new students with confidence and skill, both online and in-person.
Introducing the power and potency of yoga to new students can be one of the most rewarding types of teaching there is. Yet, many teachers find that this type of teaching comes with its own set of unique challenges.
This training is intended for teachers who have completed a 200-hour level training. Participants can expect to participate in group discussions and simple asana practices in each session and complete short written assignments between sessions.
Topics covered include:
- Learn how to create an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere;
- Sharpen your verbal cues so they are even more effective;
- Refine your observation and demonstration skills;
- Sequence beginner classes with strategies for both form and flow-based classes;
- Modify poses for beginners using props and pose variations;
- Teach beginners online;
- Create a class series or curriculum of classes for new students;
- Introduce basic breathwork and chanting.
Dates and Times
Friday, February 18, 2022 to Sunday, February 20, 2022
- Friday, February 18, 2022 – 6 pm ET – 9 pm ET
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 – 10 am ET to 4 pm ET
- Sunday, February 20, 2022 – 10 am ET to 4 pm ET
+ 2 hours homework assignment, post weekend.
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person as Ontario and City of Ottawa health authorities permit.
$450.00 per person with our EARLY BIRD SAVINGS! Save $45.00 when register before December 31, 2021. $495.00 per person thereafter.
Fee includes the training, manual, slides and certificate.
This course is open to Yoga Teachers of all disciplines and levels of teaching experience including Yoga Teachers in training.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Elective Module: 15 Hours