June 16 – August 23, 2017
1 SPACE OPEN!
Our program is life-transforming and is for everyone, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.
Including a decadent 3-day retreat, our foundational Yoga Teacher Training summer program offers the possibility to really dive into the teachings: physically, mentally and spiritually.
This PranaShanti Teacher Training program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours so that you graduate a Yoga Alliance registered teacher. This format provides future teachers exposure to as much knowledge and hands-on practice teaching time as possible.
Our program provides students with a foundational; background in yoga that draws on the Hatha and Vinyasa yoga traditions, as well as modern knowledge of bio-mechanics and movement, so that they can confidently teach holistic, all-levels classes in a clear, compassionate manner.
Our program will deepen your understanding of asana (postures, develop a functional understanding of yogic and Western anatomy, yoga philosophy and theory, Ayurveda, meditation, personal development and communication skills. The course requirements include research presentations, a yoga class journal, and active participation in the classroom.
Our classroom is in the clean, serene setting of PranaShanti Yoga Centre in Ottawa for four 3-day weekends and a 5-day intensive in August. Classroom times includes a daily personal practice, teaching practice, yoga-focused anatomy, continued studies of philosophy, meditation, posture clinics, communication skills, personal research presentations, and a variety of discussions on the culture and theory of yoga.
Our retreat is held July 14-16, 2017, at Shanti Retreat on Wolfe Island near Kingston, ON. During this weekend you will be immersed in the teachings for 3 days and 2 nights while enjoying a beautiful serene environment that also includes delicious meals prepared for us, personal time for rest and reflection, swimming, kayaking, yoga by the water’s edge, and campfires. Days will begin with practice and include a variety of classes, discussion, group activities and lecture to introduce you to your new undertaking within your sangha (community)!
Dates and Timings
- June 16-18, 2017 at PranaShanti Yoga Centre: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm each day
- June 23-25, 2017 at PranaShanti Yoga Centre: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm each day
- July 14-16, 2017 at Shanti Retreat on Wolfe Island: arriving at 2:00 pm on Friday and departing at 2 pm on Sunday
- July 21-23, 2017 at PranaShanti Yoga Centre: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm each day
- August 11-13, 2017 at PranaShanti Yoga Centre: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm each day
- August 19-23, 2017 at PranaShanti Yoga Centre: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
Open House Information Sessions
Drop in for our FREE Open Houses with mini yoga practice and Q&A. Come meet the Trainers, ask questions and learn more about the program. Our next sessions are:
- Wednesday, March 29 – 6 pm to 7 pm
- Sunday, April 9 – 4 pm to 5 pm
- Monday, May 8 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Friday, June 9 – 6 pm to 7 pm
Please contact us with any questions and we can arrange a date and time to meet one-on-one top discuss the program.
Cost and Registration
- SAVE with our Early Bird Pricing: Pay in full before April 30, 2017: $2,995.00 + HST; or
- Pay in Full on or after April 30, 2017: $3,295.00 + HST; or
- Payment Plan: Deposit of $500 + HST to reserve your space plus 3 monthly payments of $966.67 + HST. All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
What is included:
- 2 hearty, healthy vegetarian meals prepared for us each day and semi-private (double or triple occupancy) bedroom lodging, coffee, tea, fresh fruit and trail mix for in-between meals while at the retreat
- Yoga Manual and Anatomy Text Book
- 10 Yoga class package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
- Home study assignment/projects
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- Opportunities to assist in drop-in classes
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.
- Register Online, by telephone or in person.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- Registration for closes June 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
- Payment plans, 1 Work Exchange and 1 Scholarship are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 16 students, maximum registration is 26 students.
- Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, faculty may be subject to change.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers
- “If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” -Yogi Bhajan.