Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
June 14 – August 25, 2019
Our program is life-transforming and is for everyone, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.
Our foundational Yoga Teacher Training summer program offers the possibility to really dive into the teachings: physically, mentally and spiritually. This PranaShanti Teacher Training program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours so that you graduate a Yoga Alliance registered teacher. This format provides future teachers exposure to as much knowledge and hands-on practice teaching time as possible.
Our program provides students with a foundational; background in yoga that draws on the Hatha and Vinyasa yoga traditions, as well as modern knowledge of bio-mechanics and movement, so that they can confidently teach holistic, all-levels classes in a clear, compassionate manner.
Our program will deepen your understanding of asana (postures, develop a functional understanding of yogic and Western anatomy, yoga philosophy and theory, Ayurveda, meditation, personal development and communication skills. The course requirements include research presentations, a yoga class journal, and active participation in the classroom.
Last year when I signed up for yoga I never realized how life changing it would be. The course touched on so many aspects of Yoga. The teachers were approachable and very knowledgeable. I couldn’t ask for a better experience. After speaking with many Yoga teachers I realize that I picked the best studio to become a yoga instructor. I struck Gold! I suggest anybody who is ready to connect and learn to live life in the now to sign up for this 200 hour course. You won’t regret one minute of this wonderful journey!” Natahsa N.
“When I think of authenticity, I think of Jenna. I knew she was the teacher I needed to take my training with. I knew yoga teacher training would be an adventure, an exploration, a beautiful time. It was so much more. Jenna is made to teach and she approaches it with all that she is, honest, digestible, inspiring, genuine. Taking a training with Jenna means she is there beside you for life. She will support you, uplift you, and offer any wisdoms you may seek.” Melanie S.
Classroom times includes a daily personal practice, teaching practice, yoga-focused anatomy, continued studies of philosophy, meditation, posture clinics, communication skills, personal research presentations, and a variety of discussions on the culture and theory of yoga.
Dates and Timings
- June 14-16, 2019 – 3 full days
- July 5-7, 2019 – 3 full days
- July 17-21, 2019 – 5 full days
- August 9-11, 2019 – 3 full days
- August 21-25, 2019 – 5 full days
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
Open House Information Sessions
Drop in for our FREE Open Houses with mini yoga practice and Q&A. Come meet the Trainers, ask questions and learn more about the program. Our next sessions are:
- Sunday, March 24 – 4:30 pm to 5;30 pm
- Monday, April 15 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, May 4 – 3 pm to 4 pm
- Tuesday, June 4 – 6 pm to 7 pm
Please contact us with any questions and we can arrange a date and time to meet one-on-one top discuss the program.
Cost and Registration
- SAVE $300 with our Early Bird Pricing: Pay in full before April 30, 2019: $2,995.00 + HST; or
- Pay in Full on or after April 30, 2019: $3,295.00 + HST; or
- Payment Plan: Deposit of $500.00 + HST to reserve your space plus 3 monthly payments (June to August) of $966.67 + HST. All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
Hold Your Space! A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
What is included:
- Yoga Manual and Anatomy Text Book
- 10 Yoga class package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
- Home study assignment/projects
- All training weekends
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- Opportunities to assist in drop-in classes
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.
- Register Online, by telephone or in person.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- Registration for closes June 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
- Payment plans, 1 Work Exchange and 1 Scholarship are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 35 students.
- Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, faculty may be subject to change.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers
- “If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” -Yogi Bhajan.