|This program is life-transforming and is for everyone. Whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.|
Challenge Yourself – Awaken Your Potential – Master Yourself – Touch Your Soul
The Aquarian Teacher Training Level 1: Foundation is the first level of a three tiered Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) Certified Teacher Training Program of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®. Upon the completion of this transformative course you will become a Certified Kundalini Yoga instructor and qualify to apply as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYS) at the 200hr-level by Yoga Alliance.
Throughout this 220+ hour, 8 month program, you will be part of a supportive, yogic community who will share this deep experience into the teachings with you. Taking the time to meet over nine weekends with manageable hours allows you to integrate the teachings gracefully into your daily life while respecting your personal, family and work obligations. You will be supported by a team of dedicated KRI Trainers who are members of the KRI Aquarian Academy and are available to you locally between weekends for the duration of the program and beyond.
In this program life-long relationships and deep bonds of trust will form that fulfill the longing of the soul for fellowship and spiritual community. Our halfway point in the program is a 3 day, 2 night retreat at a beautiful Retreat Centre, the perfect way to acknowledge your commitment, dedication and newly acquired knowledge by being surrounded by fellowship and community.
Your Lead Trainer & Guest Trainers
Believing that your learning is enriched and deepened by studying and learning from a variety of experienced trainers, PranaShanti brings in renowned trainers from around the world. Our Teaching Team will lead you on your transformational journey of self mastery using the science and technology of Kundalini Yoga. All of our Teachers are KRI certified Teacher Trainers and always available to you:
- Devinder Kaur ~ Ottawa – Lead Trainer, Director of PranaShanti
- Guru Raj Kaur ~ Vancouver – Guest Lead Trainer, co-founding Director of Yoga West
- Dr. Mahan Rishi Singh ~ Pennsylvania – Guest Speaker, Chiropractor, co-founder of Khalsa Healing Arts
- Dev Suroop Kaur ~ New Mexico – Guest Speaker and Recording Artist
Dates and Times
October 2016 to May 2017
- October 21-22-23, 2016;
- November 4-5-6, 2016;
- December 2-3-4, 2016;
- January 20-21-22, 2017 – Retreat Weekend;
- February 17-18-19, 2017;
- March 10-11-12, 2017;
- April 7-8-9, 2017;
- May 2017 – White Tantric Yoga (Toronto);
- May 12-13-14, 2017.
Fridays: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturdays: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sundays: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Open House Information Sessions
Drop in for our FREE Open Houses where you can ask questions and learn more about the program.
- Dates to be announced.
For immediate questions please call the Centre at 613.761.9642 (YOGA) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Course Outline
Foundations introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory human, and explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonise and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential. There are six principle components in the Level One program:
Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga
The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras and pranayam (breathing techniques).
Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including diet, nutrition, and relationships.
Anatomy and Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy
Traditional Western Anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also, Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the the yogic bodies.
Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain
The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master
Connect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
The Practicum: Teaching from Day One
Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of a KRI Yoga Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
Cost and Registration
PranaShanti offers 3 payment options:
- Pay in full before August 31st, 2016: $2,700.00 + HST; or
- Pay in full on or after August 31st, 2016: $2,995.00 + HST; or
- Payment Plan: Deposit of $500 + HST and equal monthly payments.
The following is included in the course:
- Course fees for all instruction (220 hours over 8 months);
- All required KRI approved textbooks and manuals;
- A retreat weekend (3 days and 2 nights), includes food and accommodation;
- 20 Class Yoga Package at PranaShanti;
- A one-year Membership with IKYTA – the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers’ Association (value $130);
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, yoga manuals, yoga clothing, yoga mats and sheepskins.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds on or after the course begins;
- 10% Student Discount for full time students, seniors and military;
- Minimum registration is 12 students;
- Maximum registration is 20 students.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” Yogi Bhajan.