Module: Vitality and Stress with Dr. Mahan Rishi Singh and Nirbhe Kaur
Vitality and Stress is an amazing opportunity to look closely at how we react to, cope with and master stress in our lives.
Over the six days of yoga, meditation and group discussion, we will identify our stress personality and build our core vitality, mental endurance and spiritual clarity. We will explore consciousness as a primary tool in building vitality and better understand the effects and downsides of too much stress. Then we will identify strategies to cope with stress and mitigate its ill effects.
This module focuses on developing the core skill for change of the Age – the ability to recognize stress in ourselves and others, and to develop the tools to transform it and balance it with conscious relaxation.
- Explore Your Vitality and Recognize Consciousness as the Core of Vitality
- Identify Your Stress
- Manage Depression and Emotional Fatigue
- Relieve, Relax, Recharge through Meditation and Kriyas
This Level 2 course will help you:
- Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of stress in yourself and others
- Understand and compare the qualities of vitality, stress and relaxation
- Profile your stress personality
- Explore what your stress burden actually is
- Realize the nature and origin of your basic elementary stress
- Learn meditation tools to help you excel in this Age
- Enhance your vitality and rid your body and mind of the effects of stress through kriyas and meditations
We will also explore and discover the answers to these questions:
- What is a positive and negative emotion?
- What is the difference between an emotion and a commotion?
- Can we call on positive emotions to handle stress better?
- What characteristics and attitudes protect us from the effects of stress?
- How does our personality and subconscious react in dysfunctional ways when?
- Why are we stressed?
During the training you have time to study, reflect and absorb the concepts presented. You will have time to review information and practice the meditations and kriyas that are given in both the manual and home study guide as well as on the set of DVDs that you receive in the course.This is a 48-hour course with classroom hours and independent study. It is an in-depth transformational learning and teaching experience with a well-designed curriculum, manual, and support materials.
The course emphasizes carefully chosen meditations, kriyas, and readings. All the information is presented in highly interactive learning environments. You will explore topics and discuss them with other students in both small and large groups. You will have the opportunity to practice meditations deeply over an extended time. You will test and observe the application of these techniques and attitudes in your life.
Your Guest Trainers
- Dr. Mahan Rishi Singh ~ Pennsylvania – Guest Lead Trainer, Chiropractor, co-founder of Khalsa Healing Arts
- Nirbhe Kaur ~ Pennsylvania – Guest Lead Trainer, RMT, co-founder of Khalsa Healing Arts
Dates and Times
One 6-day session as follows:
- Thursday, January 22, 2015 to Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Training Course Requirements
Evaluation is based on successfully meeting the Aquarian Teacher Training course requirements including:
- Passing grade of 75% or higher on the Exam
- Attendance at all 48 hours of classroom study
- Completion of 12 hours of home study assignments within 12 months of course start date
- At least 6 hours of reading Yogi Bhajan transcripts, watching the videos and practicing the meditations given in the videos
- At least 6 hours of study group meetings or conference calls
- At least 40 days of journaling
- Completion of 90 days of the assigned meditation for the course
- Completion of the exam questions
Cost and Registration
- $1,250.00 + tax per person on or before October 20th, 2014.
- $1,450.00 + tax per person after October 20th, 2014.
- 10% discount for full time students and seniors.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
The course fee includes 48 hours of instruction, a student handbook, a series of Yogi Bhajan DVDs, home study and a home study guide. A light lunch, snacks and herbal tea will be provided each day.
Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to November 13th, 2014. No refunds after the course commences.
Minimum Registration: 15 students.
Maximum Registration: 35 students.
About KRI Level 2 Programs:
This Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) program is based on the comprehensive science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®. The Aquarian Teacher program is a journey of your development as a Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
There are three levels of certification:
- KRI Level 1: Foundations and Awakening – Instructor
- KRI Level 2: Transformation – Practitioner
- KRI Level 3: Realization – Teacher
The KRI Level 2 Module is Transformational and is comprised of five modules required for KRI International Level 2 Certification. The five modules are:
- 1. Conscious Communication
- 2. Mind & Meditation
- 3. Authentic Relationships
- 4. LifeCycles & LifeStyles
- 5. Vitality & Stress
The modules can be studied in any order. It is recommended to leave approximately 4-6 months in between modules in order to integrate the experience into your life and teaching. After successfully completing all 5 modules a student may apply to receive Level 2 certification. KRI requires this process to take a minimum of two years.
Each Level 2 module has 48 contact hours with a certified Level 2 Trainer. After the completion of the contact classroom hours, each student participates in the post-course integration process. This includes the practice of a 90-day meditation, conference call classes (or in person meetings if possible) with the Trainer and an exam and other homework assignments.
The post course work is vital to the integration of the material and experience offered during the course. The transformative nature of Level 2 is in the depth of experience during the course, and in integrating the professional development skills learned, living the values embodied, and participating in the building and service in our communities.
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” – Yogi Bhajan