Restorative Yoga Training
with Anne Wanda Tessier
March 5-7, 2021
For ALL Yoga Teachers and Students!
Restorative yoga is a style of yoga that makes use of props to fully support the body so that it can naturally relax and let go.
Join Anne Wanda Tessier, an experienced Restorative Yoga Teacher and Trainer, for this 30 Hour foundational Restorative Yoga Teacher Training.
In this training, you will learn a variety of restorative poses based on her trainings with Judith Hanson Lasater as well as variations for each pose. We will explore how to use props to fully support the body as well as learn how to sequence a class based on individual health conditions as well as group classes. We will explore various ways to elicit the relaxation response with breathing exercises and guided meditations and learn gentle exercises to include in a restorative yoga practice. Learn the benefits of restorative yoga on the body, mind and soul, and its effect on the organs and the nervous system.
Through direct experience, practice teaching, and feedback, you leave with the ability to confidently teach a restorative class and learn how you can incorporate restorative yoga in your personal practice.
In this training your will learn:
- The benefits of restorative yoga
- A variety of restorative yoga poses to calm and restore the body
- The benefits and contra-indications for each pose
- How to use props to fully support the body and variations with minimal props
- How the spine is linked to the health of the organs and the nervous system
- A basic understanding of the nervous system: para-sympathetic vs. sympathetic state
- How to elicit the relaxation response
- Breathing techniques and guided meditations
- Sequencing and themes for a restorative yoga class
- Conditions for calm
- Physiology of relaxation
- The effects of stress on the body and the benefits of finding calm
- The art of touch and how to offer support to your students
- Poses for various health conditions (I.e. anxiety, depression, fatigue, menopause, chronic pain, back pain, digestive, circulatory, and reproduction imbalances)
- Poses which benefit the function of the organs
- Poses for emotional healing (soothing anger, grief, stress, anxiety)
Dates and Timings
Friday, March 5 to Sunday, March 7, 2021.
The training hours are:
- Friday 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturday 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday 9 am – 5 pm
Cost and Registration
$595.00 per person. SAVE $50.00 by registering on or before December 30, 2020 for $545.00 per person.
Fee includes the training, manual, hand-outs, homework project (for 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training participants) and certificate.
Students must have a minimum of one year of experience practicing yoga regularly. Prior certification to teach yoga is not a prerequisite for this course.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers the credits for this training can be applied towards a 300 hour certification and is eligible for CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
Note: Please bring your own props (a bolster, 2 yoga straps, 2 blocks, 6 blankets) and eye pillow, if you have them. Some props are provided in the Centre to borrow.
About Your Teacher
Anne is a teacher that is passionate about the healing benefits of Yoga and in particular, Restorative Yoga. Life’s daily routines can be overwhelming, and Anne finds that yoga can help you find balance, restore the body and find calm day-to-day and during unexpected challenges. She is has studied extensively with Judith Lasater and is a certified Relax and Renew® Restorative Yoga Teacher and offers group and individual classes based on your current situation.
Thank you so much for all of the valuable information you shared during the training. You are a true giver and I appreciate all the gifts you sent our way during your training. You teach from the heart, and that is what I valued the most from my experience. I will remember your teachings from it. Dominique, Yoga Teacher
Thank you so much for the amazing weekend – the course was highly informative and transformational for me. Your teaching style is wonderful: very clear, calm and patient, and warm as well. I will recommend studying with you to all my fellow yogis. Erin, Yoga Teacher