It’s been a long wait and we are deeply grateful for all of the support we have received over the past 4 months that has allowed for us to continue to serve the Ottawa community and beyond.
We’re excited to share that we are re-opening for In Person Classes on Saturday, August 1. Attendance at our In Person classes will follow our current Virtual Class Schedule until we move into our new hOMe! In Person classes will be held at our temporary location at 45 Eccles Street, Ottawa, Ontario.
The safety and health of our staff, teachers and students is very important to us. We are taking the time between now and August 1st to observe how our city responds to the re-openings and so we can be fully prepared with the necessary protocols in place.
During the Stage 3 we are re-opening with:
- Reduced capacity for In Person class attendance to respect social distancing guidelines;
- Increased cleaning and updated safety procedures;
- Updated reservation, cancellation and wait-list policy.
Please note the guidelines below for attending In Person Classes with us:
Reservation, Cancellation and Wait-List Policy
- To start, a maximum of 6 students will be permitted to attend class in person and our last class of each day will be offered as a virtual class only.
- New Class Cancellation Policy: As we are offering limited spots for In Person attendance, we now require students to cancel reservations they cannot attend more than 12 hours before the start of class to allow another student the opportunity to attend. Late cancellations or no-shows will be deducted from your Class Package or charged a late fee of $27.00 for Auto-Renews and Annual Memberships.
- New Wait-list Policy: If it’s outside of the 12 hour cancellation window and you’re next on the wait-list, you’ll be added to class automatically if someone cancels. Once you’re added, our new cancellation policy applies.
- If you haven’t already done so, re-activate your auto-renew membership so you can book classes online.
- To accommodate as many students as possible we will allow only 1 reservation per student per day for In Person Classes. Feel free to register as many times as you would like for our Virtual Classes.
Attending an In Person Class
- Please use this self health assessment before registering and coming to class.
- Walk Ins will not be accepted. You must pre-register for class online. Bookings open 7 days prior to the class and are first come, first served.
- Masks are to be worn when arriving, in the common areas and when departing. In accordance with Ottawa Public Health, the mandatory mask rule is waived when participating in an athletic or fitness activity. We encourage mask wearing and if you would like to wear a mask, please do so.
- Bring your own filled water bottle. The water fountain and tea services is on hold.
- Bring the props you require for practice. Yoga mat rentals are on hold and no props (bolsters, cushions, blocks, straps) will be provided. Props are available for purchase in the Shop.
- There will be no change room or locker facilities. Arrive dressed in your yoga attire. Bring only what you need to practice into the space.
- Toilets are open but should only be used if absolutely necessary.
- Arrive for class not more than 10 minutes prior to start time.
- Upon arrival, use the hand santiser provided and a staff member will guide you to the practice space.
- Maintain a social distance of 2 metres between yourself and others.
- Move into the practice area in an orderly way while maintaining social distancing.
- Place your yoga mat and props in one of the marked areas.
- Stay in the practice area. If there is an issue or question, let us know.
- Teachers will not be offering hands on adjustments, props or vigorous breathing techniques.
- The In Person Classes are also being Live Streamed so other students will be participating virtually while you attend in person.
- Exit in an orderly way while maintain social distancing.
- In order for cleaning to begin, exit within 5 minutes of class ending.
- Conversations can continue outside in our entrance area with social distancing.
- Street parking in available throughout the neighbourhood. Some is available for free, some requires purchasing a ticket.
- There is a pay Parking Lot located at the corner of Lebreton Street North and Somerset Street about a 1.5 block walk.
- There is no onsite parking.
As always, we are here for you if you have any questions.
Devinder Kaur, Owner and Director