Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Training
with Melissa Delaney
Friday, April 26 to Sunday, April 28, 2019
Yoga can offer amazing benefits for pregnancy, labour and parenthood; however, there are things that teachers and practitioners need to know!
This interactive course is designed for anyone keen to learn more about Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga, including yoga teachers, fitness instructors, doulas and other health professionals as well as parents to be.
This course will share practices for each stage of the journey from yoga support for conception to partner yoga for pregnancy and labour to yogic recommendations for postpartum recovery to parent/baby yoga poses for bonding. Resources will also be provided to comfort women in the event of pregnancy loss.
- Anatomy and physiology specifically related to Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga. Benefits of Yoga for fertility, pregnancy, labour, postpartum, and parenthood.
- Teaching Yoga classes for this population and adapting any class to meet the needs of prenatal and postnatal women (best practices, things to avoid, modifications, and contraindications).
- Breathwork, postures, meditation, and chanting for pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period.
- Common conditions related to posture, core and pelvic floor issues. Teacher ethics, scope of practice, business considerations, and marketing services in the community.
- Ability to confidently and safely teach yoga classes designed for pregnant and postnatal women.
- Capacity to tailor any style of class or practice for pregnant and postnatal women.
- Understand and address prenatal and postnatal conditions, including practices that can help and things to avoid.
Dates and Timings
April 26-28, 2019.
- Friday 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday 11:30 am to 6 pm each day.
Cost and Registration
$325.00 per person.
300 Hour Program Elective Module: 20 Hours
Please consult the Course Outline and complete the required readings listed before the start of the course.
In the event you are unable to attend the course after registration, please refer to our Refund Policy.
Note: This course is open to general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
About Your Teacher
Melissa has been practicing yoga since 2004 and fell in love with it immediately. Constantly amazed at all the benefits yoga has to offer, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally, her passion for yoga led her to wanting to share it with others.
One of the things Melissa loves about Yoga is that it can be practiced anywhere, anytime and by anyone. Many of us feel that we can’t, aren’t able, haven’t…., etc. But Yoga is not about flexibility or getting into that funky pose. It’s about being in the moment and using our breath to create balance and awareness in ourselves.
Melissa is registered with Yoga Alliance as E-RYT 500 & Continuing Education Provider (YACEP) and the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). With her diverse trainings, she teaches many styles of yoga including Hatha (all-levels), children/teens, Hot yoga, Flow, Prenatal & Postnatal, Yin, Restorative, and Yoga for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). She also offers workshops such as Partner Yoga, Mother’s Day Yoga and her very own Bliss Yoga! She specializes in prenatal and postnatal women, including postpartum recovery and pelvic floor health, as well as proper breathing and postural alignment.
Melissa teaches with compassion and humour and offers a supportive and welcoming environment for all students and clients. She offers modifications for all levels and abilities and loves when someone finds that ah-ha moment! With breath centered awareness, she encourages people to find their balance between effort and ease, doing and doing nothing.
Her classes reflect her warm and playful spirit!