Restorative Yoga for Your Personal Practice
with Anne Wanda Tessier – ONLINE COURSE
Friday, June 26 to Sunday, June 28, 2020
For ALL Yoga Teachers and Students!
Join Anne, an experienced Restorative Yoga Teacher for a 15 hour live stream online training.
We will explore the benefits of restorative yoga and its effect on the organs of the body and the nervous system. We will learn a variety of restorative poses, the benefits and contraindications of each pose as well as how to use props to fully support our body so that it can relax and let go. We will also learn how to select poses based on individual health conditions and how to sequence poses in a restorative yoga class. Find out ways to elicit the relaxation response with breathing exercises and guided meditations and learn gentle exercises to include in a restorative yoga practice.
The online group will be limited to 9 people to enhance personal learning and individual feedback. This training is open to all!
In this training your will learn:
- The benefits of restorative yoga poses for emotional healing (soothing anger, grief, stress, anxiety)
- A variety of restorative yoga poses, benefits and contraindications
- How to use props to fully support your body in each pose and how to make use of household items at home to replace props.
- How the spine is linked to the health of the organs and the nervous system
- A basic understanding of the nervous system: para-sympathetic vs. sympathetic stat
- How to elicit the relaxation response
- Breathing techniques and guided meditations
- Conditions for calm
- Physiology of relaxation
- The effects of stress on the body
- Poses for various health conditions (i.e. depression, fatigue, menopause, chronic pain, back pain, digestive, circulatory, and reproduction imbalances)
Dates and Timings
- Friday, June 26 to Sunday, June 28, 2020 (3 days)
- 9 am to 3 pm each day, with breaks incorporated into the days
Cost and Registration
$295.00 per person and includes: a PDF manual and a certificate of attendance for this online 15-hour Restorative Yoga Training.
This course is open to the general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 Hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
In the event you are unable to attend the course after registration, please refer to our Refund Policy.
About Your Teacher
Anne Wanda Tessier is an E-RYT Yoga Teacher and Restorative Yoga Trainer.
Anne is an experienced Yoga teacher, and Restorative Yoga Teacher trainer. After years of yoga practice and experience teaching various styles of yoga, she was drawn to restorative yoga as a way to balance out her busy lifestyle. Having experienced the impact of stress on her body, Anne is now committed to sharing the benefits of finding calm on the body, mind and soul. Anne is known for her calm voice and inclusive nature and aims to make every yoga class a safe and welcoming experience.
Anne has been practicing yoga for over twenty-five years and obtained her RYT 200 in Bali, Indonesia in 2013. She has obtained her Relax and Renew Training certification with Judith Hanson Lasater in 2014 and has assisted Judith on Level 1 and Level 2 trainings. She has led successful retreats, workshops and trainings in Canada and abroad.