Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training
Friday, November 6, 2020 to Sunday, November 8, 2020
with Sue Ducros
ONLINE COURSE – Live Stream and/or In Person as COVID guidelines permit
Children need skills to help them grow and thrive in every changing times. Yoga and mindfulness practices give them practical ways to navigate the many challenges they face. These tools help them to grow self-awareness, access inner resources, find personal power and live life with a open and joyful heart!
In this interactive 20 hour Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training you will gain the skills and resources to teach yoga and mindfulness to children.
This course is for anyone who loves working with children! It is for:
- Parents wishing to bring the joy of yoga and the benefits of mindfulness into their homes and families
- Yoga Teachers wanting to specialize in teaching children
- Educators wanting to bring the benefits of yoga and mindfulness into their classrooms and schools
- Counselors, Coaches, Health Professionals, Social Workers … anyone who wants to make a difference in kids lives!
This is a hands on practical course with lecture, discussion and practice. Participants will leave being prepared to bring these yoga and mindfulness practices to children immediately.
This course will cover:
- The role of yoga and mindfulness in a child’s life, following the child;
- The benefits of yoga and mindfulness for children from happiness to connection;
- Ritual, Routine, Rhythm Responsibility;
- Up-to-date research that supports yoga and mindfulness for kids;
- Building resilience in children through yoga, embodiment and awareness using child-friendly yoga poses, partner poses, group poses, games, activities, stories, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques;
- How to develop a kid’s yoga class that is fun, safe, effective and engaging for toddlers through teens, focus on class structure and intention;
- How to incorporate music and weave stories into yoga sequences;
- How to manage a class of kids in a heart centered way, setting intentions and the use of collaborative practices;
- Stillness, a conversation…;
- The importance of teaching community spirit through kindness;
- Teaching with an open heart and mind: instilling confidence and creativity, patience and acceptance;
- Staying in motion: the importance of your own practice and staying in your centre so as to have meaningful interactions with children;
- An opportunity to develop and present your own kids yoga class;
- How to get started teaching kids yoga and mindfulness; and
- Mindful Technology – tips and tools for kids AND adults.
- Intuition, the voice the nonphysical world; and
- Tapping into the joy of YOUR inner child!
Dates and Timings
- Friday, November 6, 2020: 6 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday, November 7, 2020: 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Sunday, November 8, 2020: 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
20 hour course (17 contact hours + 3 hours reading, homework, practice teaching preparation).
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person as Ontario and City of Ottawa health authorities permit.
This course is open to general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance. This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Program – Elective Module – 20 Hours
Cost and Registration
$495.00 per person. SAVE $70.00 by registering on or before September 30, 2020 for $425.00 per person.
Fee includes the training, manual, and certificate.
About Your Teacher
Sue Ducros facilitates Radiant Child Yoga Training across Canada including Nunavit, the UK and Europe. She has twenty years of experience in teaching yoga to children (and adults) of all ages and abilities. Sue has a B.Sc., M.B.A. and Diploma in Education from McGill University, Canada. Sue also has wide experience in working with children with Special Needs and bringing yoga to them.
Sue is passionate about giving the Gift of Yoga to children and believes that yoga is an instruction manual for children to live their best life. Yoga keeps children happy, healthy and fully alive. Sue has 3 children of her own and is a keen triathlete, swimmer and cyclist. Sue is based in Ottawa, Canada where in addition to teaching yoga she is a university and high school math and science tutor…<read more>…