September 15-17, 2017 & November 24-26, 2017
Join Maria Garre for a two weekend program geared to Yoga Teachers and avid yoga practitioners that want to understand and learn how Ayurveda can be integrated as a way to deepen their personal yoga practice and also support personal health and well being.
By the end of the program you will develop your own ayurvedic wellness plan integrating yoga practices alongside ayurvedic lifestyle principles to maintain personal health, healing and balance.
Through the seminar you will learn to:
- Fundamental principles of ayurveda (Philosophy, five element theory, doshic theory)
- Basic diagnostic skills to determine constitution and imbalances through self observation and ayurvedic theory
- Fully integrate and understand how Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas and sub-doshas support your overall health and wellbeing
- Lifestyle practices to maintain balance and support your constitution
- Ayurvedic Yoga principles to maintain health and balance
- Adapt yoga practices integrating ayurvedic principles
- Create your own ayurvedic and yoga prescription to life!
Dates & Times
Held over 2 weekends:
- September 15-17, 2017
- November 24-26, 2017
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays: 9 am to 6 pm each
Part One – September 15-17, 2017
This weekend will focus on the foundational practices of Ayurveda and it’s integration within Yoga. Enjoy morning sadhana during to understand and assimilate your learning. We will delve into the world of Ayurveda through discussion, lecture, self contemplation and group activities.
Goals of Part One:
- Know history, roots and philosophical foundations within Ayurveda
- Use the five elements and 20 gunas model to associate it to understand and analyze the physical and mental body. Use of elements within Yoga.
- Present tri-doshic Vata, Pitta and Kapha element theory and apply its use to know ourselves, others and make lifestyle choices
- Discuss role of individual constitution (prakruti) and states of imbalance (vikruti) to stay healthy and balanced
- Learn basic pranayama, meditation and asana within the lineage of Ayuryoga to maintain well-being
Determine your personal constitution and areas of imbalance (prakruti, vikruti) through self observation, diagnostic tools and group interaction.
Part Two – November 24-26, 2017
During our weekend we will expand upon what was learned and practiced during Part One and introduce new concepts for application. Morning sadhana will reinforce the application of what you learn in addition to discussion, lecture and group activities.
Goals of Part Two:
- Apply and understand Ayurvedic digestion and metabolic process through the four clinical manifestations of Agni (bodily fire)
- Discover how toxins (Ama) forms in the body and how to support an Ama-free body
- Outline nutrition and food for each each dosha, the healing quality of spices and foods
- Understand essential Ayurvedic routine practices (dinacharya) for healthy, happy living along with seasonal variances (rtucharya)
- Go deeper in your understanding of Vata, Pitta and Kapha through their sub-dosha functions and actions
- Create a personalized lifestyle plan integrating Yogic and Ayurvedic principles for complete mental, physical and spiritual well-being
$395.00 per person + HST for each weekend OR sign up for the 2 part program for $695.00 per person + HST.
EARLY BIRD SAVINGS! Register before July 31, 2017 for a 15% discount.
Refunds, minus a $300.00 + HST Administration Fee, are available up until five (5) days before the starting date. No refunds or credits will be provided after that time.