Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training
Friday, November 6, 2020 to Sunday, November 8, 2020
Make a difference in the lives of children!
Our kids need skills to help them thrive and grow in our challenging world. Yoga and mindfulness practices give them practical ways to navigate the many challenges they face. These tools help them to grow their self-awareness, access their inner resources, find their personal power and live their life with a wide open heart—all while having fun!
In this fun, interactive, intensive 20 hour Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training you will gain the skills and resources to teach yoga and mindfulness to children right away.
This course is for anyone who loves working with children! Specifically, it’s for:
- Educators wanting to bring the benefits of yoga and mindfulness into their classrooms and schools
- Parents wishing to bring the joy of yoga and the benefits of mindfulness into their homes and families
- Yoga teachers wanting to specialize in teaching children
- Camp Counselors, Coaches, Health Professionals, Social Workers … anyone who wants to make a difference in kids lives!
While being confident to begin teaching children right away after this training, this course is more than just learning how to teach yoga to kids. It also emphasizes the importance of teaching kids kindness, empathy, tolerance, connection and how to live fully from the heart. It’s about helping kids thrive in a challenging world with a sense of personal power, resilience and self-awareness. This course will also emphasise the importance of YOUR mindfulness practice, as a parent, a school teacher or in any of the roles in which you interact with children.
This is a hands on, practical course with lots of discussions and fun engaging practice. Participants will leave being prepared to bring these yoga and mindfulness practices to children right away. There will an abundance of resources to get started with and tons of wonderful ideas to create original, captivating and fun yoga experiences for kids of all ages, with emphasis on ages 2 – 12. There will be lots of practice learning to teach kids yoga while laughing, dancing, playing, storytelling and singing! And lots of practice getting really still too.
This course will cover:
- The benefits of yoga and mindfulness for children;
- Up-to-date research that supports yoga and mindfulness for kids;
- Enriching children’s mental and physical health through child-friendly yoga poses, partner poses, group poses, games, activities, stories, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques;
- How to develop a kids yoga class that is fun, safe, effective and engaging for toddlers through teens;
- How to incorporate music and stories, props, art and crafts, and age-appropriate themes in children’s yoga classes;
- How to manage a class of kids;
- Teaching kids to be still and relax;
- Can children meditate?
- The importance of teaching kids kindness;
- Teaching with an open heart and mind: instilling confidence and creativity, patience and acceptance;
- Teaching from an embodied place – the importance of your own practice and staying in your centre so as to have meaningful interactions with children;
- An opportunity to develop and present your own kids yoga class;
- How to get started teaching kids yoga and mindfulness; and
- Mindful Technology – tips and tools for kids AND adults.
And importantly ….
- Tapping into the joy of YOUR inner child!
Dates and Timings
- Friday, November 6, 2020: 6 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday, November 7, 2020: 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Sunday, November 8, 2020: 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
20 hour course (17 contact hours + 3 hours reading, homework, practice teaching preparation).
This course is open to general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance. This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Program – Elective Module – 20 Hours
Cost and Registration
$495.00 per person. SAVE $70.00 by registering on or before September 30, 2020 for $425.00 per person.
Fee includes the training, manual, and certificate.