Instructor: PranaShanti Faculty
Location: Education Centre and Online
Live Stream Online Course and/or In-Person
Our yoga programs are life-transforming and for everyone, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.
“We all came into this training looking for more, for a better way to be. We found that we were not alone in this quest and we helped each other just a little along our journey. Our time in the physical classroom is over but our paths are forever changed because of each other and as we move forward on our journeys, we know we don’t have to do it alone….we have our yoga family.” KA
This Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Part-Time program is designed to help accommodate your busy schedule. It offers the possibility to really dive into the teachings: physically, mentally and spiritually while respecting your commitments to work, family, schooling and personal life.
This PranaShanti Teacher Training program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours so that you graduate a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). This format provides future teachers exposure to as much knowledge and hands-on practice teaching time as possible.
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with compassion and confidence in person and online. Participate in Posture Clinics to breakdown the asanas, and learn about sequencing, props, cuing, music and holding space (Stephanie, Laurie, Paula)
- Meditation – Practice a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind and understand the benefits and science behind the practice (Devinder, Anna, Michael)
- Pranayama – Explore powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi shodhana. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (Devinder, Anna, Michael)
- Anatomy – Study anatomy and the effects of yoga on the body, including physical and energetic postural alignment (Stephanie, Laurie, Paula)
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems (Kathleen, Stephanie)
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life. Explore Yoga’s rich history and language (Anna, Michael)
- Ayurveda – Experience yoga’s sister science for health and vitality, self care and nourishment (Sonia)
- Diversity, Inclusion and Social Activism – Understand and recognise ourselves as transformation leaders through the teaching of yoga (Kethy, Kathleen)
- Yoga for Everyone – Explore the topics of accessibility, adaptation, modification, trauma informed practice, and receive an introduction to various yoga styles (Kathleen, Anne, Michael)
- Business of Yoga – Take a peak behind the scenes to a day in the life of a yoga teacher and studio owner to understand the practicalities of this profession (Devinder, Stephanie)
Dates and Times
In-Person Practice Weekends
- September 24-25-26, 2021
- October 29-30-31, 2021
- November 12-13-14, 2021
- January 7-8-9, 2022
- February 11-12-13, 2022
- March 11-12-13, 2022
- April 8-9-10, 2022
Online Group Lecture
Weeknight evenings 6 pm to 9 pm. All evening sessions will be Online via Live Stream.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Tuesday, November 23, 2021
- Tuesday, December 7 and 14, 2021 (2 sessions in December)
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022
- Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Stephanie Turple, Paula Munroe, Anna Egan, Michael Hutkins, Laurie Howe, Kathleen Burr, Anne Tessier, Kethy Sosso-Kolle, Sonia Sharma, and Devinder Kaur.
At PranaShanti, the members of our Core Teaching Team range from all traditions of yoga and are committed to your study and learning. We also offer a Teaching Assistant Program as part of our trainings so 200 hour level Teachers can continue to hone their skills in the training environment and be of service to the teachers-in-training.
- $2,950.00 + HST before August 15, 2021
- $3,200.00 + HST starting August 16, 2021, onward and paid in full before our start date; or
- Payment Plan: $3,500.00 + HST. A deposit of $500.00 + HST plus 7 monthly payments (September 2021 to March 2022). All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
What is Included:
- Yoga manual, text book and handouts
- An Unlimited Yoga Class Package that starts on the first day of the program and ends on the last day of the program to support you in completing the 20 Yoga Class requirement
- Home study assignment/projects, presentation, journaling
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.