Community connection has and will always be an important part of PranaShanti Yoga Centre’s vision and mission. With the government mandated temporary closure of PranaShanti Yoga Centre on March 17, we quickly pivoted and on March 19 launched FREE Online Classes as our way to be of service to the community when so many faced uncertainty from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have now offered 1 month of FREE Online Yoga that has reached hundreds of people around the world everyday. We’ve had participants from as far as Egypt, New Zealand, Australia, Roatan, Bali, the UK, France, Italy, Germany, all across Canada and the US! We’ve received daily email and social media posts on how the yoga classes are a vital support to so many in this challenge time.
While the classes over this past month have been free of charge, we have continued to pay the teachers. We are deeply grateful for the support that so many have given by way of donation, continuing with Auto-Renew and Annual Memberships and using classes from existing Class Packages. We have also heard your feedback that you would like more classes, more class styles and to see more of the Teachers that you have been missing.
You may have noticed over the past few weeks we’ve been trying different recorded and live stream class options. Here is where we have landed, so far!
We recently launched PranaShanti Yoga Centre on Namastream. Here you will find recorded classes and meditations. Many of these items are free of charge and some have a nominal fee. We will continue to build on this offering over time and add more recorded classes and workshops.
Live Stream Classes on Zoom
Starting on Wednesday, April 22nd, we are expanding our Online Class Schedule to include more classes per day with more of your favourite Teachers. You will have the option to use your existing PranaShanti Class Package or purchase a Drop-In Live Stream Class Pass or alternate Class Package. Those on Auto-Renew memberships also have the option to re-activate their memberships or keep them on pause until we re-open.
To join the classes, you must make sure that your email address in your PranaShanti account is current or you will not receive the access details for the classes.
- Sign up for the Live Stream Class through the Class Schedule.
- If you have an existing Class Package, this will automatically be used. If you do not have an existing Class Package, you can either purchase the Drop-In Live Stream Class Pass or a Class Package, of your choice.
- Once you have signed up for Class you will receive a confirmation email stating the Class Name, Date and Time you are signed up for.
- 1 hour before class you will receive a second email with the Zoom access link and password for the class. Click on the link to join the class via Zoom.
- I didn’t receive an email with the link to the class. / Log into your PranaShanti Account. Double check your email address under the “personal” column. Be sure to also check your ‘junk’ and ‘spam’ email folders and any rules you may have that may be preventing the emails from arriving.
- How do I join the class once I have the link? / All you need to do is click the link in the email and join via Zoom.
- How do I book classes through the PranaShanti App? / Download the free PranaShanti App via your phone or mobile device and you will see the classes listed on the Class Schedule.
- Will my Auto-Renew Membership be re-activated? / All Auto-Renew Memberships were paused when we were mandated to close. We can re-activate the Auto-Renew, if you would like to use it (email us at email@example.com), or you can purchase the Drop-In Live Stream Class Pass or another Class Package of your choice.
- Can I use my Annual Unlimited membership for the Live Steam Classes? / Yes, Annual Unlimited Memberships can be used for the Live Stream classes. The Annual Unlimited Membership will also have time added to the end date to compensate for the temporary closure of the Centre.
- What happens if I cannot attend the class I signed up for? / If you are unable to attend the class you will need to login and cancel your sign up at least 2 hours before the class start time.