Friday: 6 pm – 9 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9 am – 6 pm each day
Location: Education Centre and online
Enhance & Advance Your Teaching Skills
This is a mainly theoretical course which will include group discussions, personal reflection and practical exercises. We will examine how to manage time and set priorities when preparing classes of varying lengths and styles; how to create a safe and accessible physical space; how to hold space so students feel safe and comfortable on a psychological/emotional level; and how to weave elements such as mantras, meditation and mudras into yoga classes.
We will also examine the nature of the Teacher/Student relationship, the importance of boundaries and our personal motives as a teacher and finally, we will examine how to cultivate a vibrant inner life, and why this is essential to being an effective yoga teacher.
With some practice time, we will examine:
- how to manage time and set priorities when preparing classes of varying lengths and styles;
- how to hold space so students feel safe and comfortable;
- the nature of the Teacher/Student relationship;
- the importance of, and how to cultivate a vibrant inner life.
Through the study of these various aspects of teaching, we will also discuss the importance of finding your own voice as a teacher.
- Improve your effectiveness as a teacher
- Deepen your knowledge of the student experience and learning process
- Gain practical tools to help you find your own voice
Dates and Times
March 18-20, 2022
- Friday: 6 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday: 9 am to 6 pm
- Sunday: 9 am to 6 pm
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person as Ontario and City of Ottawa health authorities permit.
$450.00 per person before December 31, 2021, $495.00 per person thereafter.
This course is open to Yoga Teachers of all disciplines and levels of teaching experience including Yoga Teachers in training.
Please consult the Course Outline and complete the required readings listed before the start of the course.
300 Hour Program Core Module: 20 Hours