Friday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Education Centre
Live Stream and/or In Person
This program is life-transforming and is for everyone. Whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.
January 2021 to June 2021
The Aquarian Teacher Training Level 1: Foundation® is the first level of a three tiered KRI Certified Teacher Training Program of Kundalini Yoga. Upon the completion of this transformative course you will become a Certified Kundalini Yoga instructor and qualify to apply as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYS®) at the 200hr-level by Yoga Alliance.
Throughout this 220+ hour, 6 month program, you will be part of a supportive, yogic community who will share this deep experience into the teachings with you. Taking the time to meet over nine weekends with manageable hours allows you to integrate the teachings gracefully into your daily life while respecting your personal, family and work obligations.
You will be supported by a team of dedicated Trainers who are available to you locally between weekends for the duration of the program and beyond. In this program life-long relationships and deep bonds of trust will form that fulfill the longing of the soul for fellowship and spiritual community.
Foundations introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory human, and explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonise and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential. There are six principle components in the Level One program:
- Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga – The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras and pranayam (breathing techniques).
- History and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher – The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to daily life, including Ayurveda, yogic cleansing techniques, diet, and nutrition.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy – Traditional Western Anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the the yogic bodies.
- Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living – The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
- The Practicum: Teaching from Day One – Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of a Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
Believing that your learning is enriched and deepened by studying and learning from a variety of experienced trainers, PranaShanti brings in world renowned trainers from around the world. Our Teaching Team will lead you on your transformational journey of self mastery using the science and technology of Kundalini Yoga. All of our Teachers are Teacher Trainers and always available to you.
Your Training Team is
- Devinder Kaur ~ Ottawa – Lead Trainer, Owner and Director of PranaShanti
- Guru Raj Kaur ~ Vancouver – Lead Trainer, co-foundering Director of Yoga West
- Dr. Mahan Rishi Singh ~ Pennsylvania – Lead Trainer, Chiropractor, co-founder of Khalsa Healing Arts
- Dev Suroop Kaur ~ New Mexico – Lead Trainer and Recording Artist
- PranaShanti Teacher Faculty.
- January 22-23-24, 2021;
- February 5-6-7, 2021
- February 19-20-21, 2021;
- March 19-20-21, 2021;
- April 23-24-25, 2021;
- May 7-8-9, 2021;
- May 28-29-30, 2021;
- June 11-12-13, 2021.
- Fridays 6:00PM – 9:00PM;
- Saturdays 9:00AM – 6:00PM;
- Sundays 9:00AM – 6:00PM.
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person as Ontario and City of Ottawa health authorities permit.
- SAVE $300.00 by registering before October 31, 2020 for $2,995.00 + HST;
- $3,295.00 + HST after October 31, 2020; or
- Payment Plan: Deposit of $500.00 + HST to reserve your space plus 6 monthly payments. All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
- Hold your space! A $500.00 + HST non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
The following is included in the course:
- Course fees for all instruction (200 hours over 8 months);
- All required manuals and handouts;
- 20 Class Yoga Package at PranaShanti;
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, yoga manuals, yoga clothing, yoga mats and sheepskins.
Secure your space with a non-refundable $500.00 deposit.
10% discount for full-time students, seniors and military members.