Friday: 6:00 pm ET – 9:00 pm ET
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 am ET to 6:00 pm ET
Location: Education Centre and online
Live Stream Online Course and/or In-Person
This program is life-transforming and is for everyone. Whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.
“I walked into my first Kundalini Yoga class almost 20 years ago. I wasn’t sure what to make of my experience. It challenged me and uplifted me all at the same time; I was intrigued! After years of practice and teaching I have found it has given me physical strength, mental focus and peace of mind. It has an incredible way of moving the energy in the physical and subtle bodies to create greater self awareness. I invite you to join us in the study of Kundalini Yoga to help create a more meaningful and joy filled life for all.” – Devinder
October 2021 to May 2022
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation focuses on the movement of energy to unite body, mind and soul. The types of practices used in Kundalini Yoga and Meditation allows for people of all ages and levels of mobility to have a powerful experience through the combination of yoga postures, simple rhythmic exercises, breathwork, and meditation techniques including sound and mantra.
Kundalini Yoga also has a direct impact on the major systems in the body, particularly the glandular and nervous systems. When these systems are activated and strengthened we can better manage the stresses of daily life, create greater peace of mind and improve our overall health and well-being.
During our time together you will become immersed in, and learn how to teach Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. With this program you will be able to teach confidently whether online or in-person. Upon successful completion you be able to teach yoga to people in your community, your family, the workplace and anywhere in the world.
“A truly awesome experience! The teachers were supportive, encouraging and caring. I learned so much about yoga and myself! This program is a gift to your soul!” DP
“This Centre has a welcoming and loving community. I am home.” EM
This revised program introduces the student to the principles and practices of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. A pragmatic approach is taken to explore how yogic lifestyle can harmonise and uplift the human experience and awaken our true potential. Key components in the program are:
- Kriya and Meditation: The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, pranayam, mudras and bandhas. Explore the nature of the mind, its fluctuations, and consciousness through meditations, mantra and pranayam.
- History and Philosophy: The history and tradition of Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices such as the 8 Limbs of Yoga, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Shad Darshan and Vedic text references. The practices of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to daily life, including Ayurveda, doshic theory, yogic cleansing techniques, sadhana, and developing a personal yoga and meditation practice.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Traditional Western Anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, glandular/endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga and mediation. Also, yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, the yogic bodies and kundalini energy.
- Teaching Methodolgy: The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, offering online and in-person classes, teaching different populations (for example pre-natal, seniors, various health challenges), class and curriculum development, posture modifications and the effective use of yoga props, scientific research related to yoga, breathwork and meditation, ethical guidelines, diversity and inclusion in yoga, and the role of a yoga teacher.
- The Practicum: Teaching from Day One – Practical experience instructing a yoga class with supportive feedback from the Teaching Team and course participants to assist you in creating your authentic voice and offering.
Dates and times
In-Person Practice Weekends
- October 22-23-24, 2021;
- November 26-27-28, 2021;
- December 17-18-19, 2021;
- January 28-29-30, 2022;
- February 25-26-27, 2022;
- March 25-26-27, 2022;
- April 29-30-May 1, 2022;
- May 13-14-15, 2022.
FREE Info Sessions:
To find out more about our upcoming Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training, please join Devinder for our FREE Information Session. Learn about our program and ask questions.
Believing that your learning is enriched and deepened by studying and learning from a variety of experienced teachers, PranaShanti includes a number of different teachers and trainers in every program. Our Teaching Team will lead you on your transformational journey of self awareness through the practice of Kundalini Yoga.
- Devinder Kaur – Kriya, Teaching Methodology, Practicum
- Gurumantra Kaur and Chiranjeev Singh – Kriya, Teaching Methodology, Practicum
- Dr. Sanam Gupta – Ayurveda
- Anna Egan – History, Philosophy
- Dev Suroop Kaur – Meditation
- Dr. Mahan Rishi Singh – Anatomy and Physiology
- Lucie Clement and Sharon Pitawanakwat – Teaching Assistants
- Guest Teachers
- SAVE $300.00 by registering before August 31, 2021 for $2,995.00 + HST;
- $3,295.00 + HST after August 31, 2021; or
- Payment Plan: Deposit of $500.00 + HST to reserve your space plus 6 monthly payments. All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
- Hold your space! A $500.00 + HST non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
The following is included in the course:
- Course fees for all instruction (200 hours over 8 months);
- All required manuals;
- Access to the digital library of handouts, slide packages and reference documents;
- An Unlimited Yoga Class Package that starts on the first day of the program and ends on the last day of the program to support you in completing the 20 Yoga Class requirement;
- Home study assignment/projects, presentation, journaling;
- During training students receive 10% off purchases in the PranaShanti boutique for such items as books, yoga manuals, yoga clothing, yoga mats and sheepskins.
Secure your space with a non-refundable $500.00 deposit.
10% discount for full-time students, seniors and military members.
PranaShanti Yoga Centre is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the course graduates can opt to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).