Instructor: PranaShanti Faculty
Location: Education Centre and Online
At PranaShanti Yoga Centre we have offered over 22 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainings!
Yoga programs at PranaShanti are life-transforming and for everyone, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge. Our Summer Program is designed to help accommodate your busy schedule. This format allows for you to really dive into the teachings: physically, mentally and spiritually while respecting your commitments to work, family, schooling and personal life.
Our program provides you with a solid foundational background in yoga that draws on the Hatha and Vinyasa yoga traditions, as well as modern knowledge of bio-mechanics and movement, so that you can confidently teach holistic, all-levels classes in a clear and compassionate manner. You will deepen your experience of postures and meditation, expand your understanding of yogic and western anatomy, yoga philosophy, and Ayurveda, and you will refine your communication and listening skills all while being part of a supportive community that fosters inquiry, creativity and lifelong learning.
With a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 35 personal hours you will graduate as a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). This format provides you with as much knowledge and hands-on practice teaching time as possible.
Dates and Times
The format of the program is comprised of evening lectures, weekend practice time, self study and yoga classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
Weeknight Evenings from 6 pm to 9 pm:
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021
9 am to 6 pm each day with some weekends being 3 full days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and some 4 full days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday):
- June 24-25-26-27, 2021
- July 9-10-11, 2021
- July 22-23-24-25, 2021
- August 6-7-8, 2021
- August 19-20-21-22, 2021
Group Lecture and Practice Weekends
Attend all group lecture and practice weekends dates.
Complete homework (reading, writing, practice teaching) between group sessions. Prepare a yoga presentation, teach class sequences to the group and complete a yoga class journal for each of the 20 yoga classes attended.
20 Yoga Classes at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
Practice and observe various different teachers, teaching and yoga styles. Offered online and in person.
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with compassion and confidence in person and online. Participate in Posture Clinics to breakdown the asanas, and learn about sequencing, modifications, props, cuing, music and holding space
- Meditation – Practice a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind and understand the benefits and science behind the practice
- Pranayama – Explore powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi shodhana. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana
- Anatomy – Study anatomy and the effects of yoga on the body, including physical and energetic postural alignment
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life. Explore Yoga’s rich history and language
- Ayurveda – Experience yoga’s sister science for health and vitality, self care and nourishment
- Spiritual Ecology and Social Activism – Understand and recognise ourselves as transformation leaders through the teaching of yoga
- Yoga for Everyone – Explore the topics of accessibility, inclusion, trauma informed practice, and receive an introduction to various yoga styles
- Business of Yoga – Take a peak behind the scenes to a day in the life of a yoga teacher and studio owner to understand the practicalities of this profession
At PranaShanti, the members of our Teacher Training Team are all Yoga Alliance certified at the 200 hour or 300 hour level. Our Teachers range from all traditions of yoga and are committed to your study and learning.
We offer a Teaching Assistant Program as part of our trainings so 200 hour level Teachers can continue to hone their skills in the training environment and be of service to the teachers-in-training.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
Hold your space! A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
- $2,950.00 + HST before April 30, 2021;
- $3,200.00 + HST May 1, 2021 onward and paid in full before our start date; or
- Payment Plan: $3,500.00 + HST. A deposit of $500.00 + HST plus 4 monthly payments (May, June, July and August). All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
Once registered you will receive the access instructions and code for the course.
There is no refund for the $500.00 + tax deposit.
Refunds for the balance of the course fees (minus a $500.00 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date. No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
What is Included
- Yoga Manual, text book and handouts
- An Unlimited Yoga Class Package that starts on the first day of the program and ends on the last day of the program to support you in completing the 20 Yoga Class requirement
- Home study assignment/projects, presentation, journaling
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as books, manuals, clothing, yoga props, yoga mats and bags.
PranaShanti is an ESDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.