Friday: 6 pm – 9 pm ET
Saturday and Sunday: 11 am – 5 pm ET each day
Location: Education Centre and Online
Explore Restorative Yoga beyond the basics!
This advanced restorative yoga training is for experienced restorative yoga teachers and students who would like to expand their knowledge of this relaxing yoga practice.
We will learn various new poses not covered in introductory restorative yoga trainings, explore the physiology of relaxation and the therapeutic benefits of this practice.
We will explore the effects of rest on the body, mind and nervous system and the importance of finding calm in our busy lives.
In this 20-hour training students will have the opportunity to practice restorative yoga poses and explore how to use props to fully support the body, including variations and alternatives depending on injuries or other health conditions. We will explore how to safely support the body in inversions and backbends as well as how to modify or offer alternatives for various poses. We will learn how restorative yoga can help restore balance in our lives and how this practice can help to reduce stress, anxiety, anger and depression.
Students will leave the training with knowledge on how to sequence a restorative class for their own practice, for private and group classes as well as teaching online.
What will we explore in this training?
- New restorative poses and use of props
- Therapeutic benefits of restorative yoga
- Breathing techniques, mantras
- How to elicit the relaxation response
- Physiology of relaxation
- Safe and supported Inversions
- Offering modifications or alternatives in a class
- Soothing emotions with restorative yoga
- Poses to balance anger, depression and anxiety
- Several back bend variations
- More than 5 variations of savanasa
- Importance of supporting the head & variations of head support
- Restorative yoga & the link to the spine, nervous system & organs
- Restorative yoga with minimal props
- Sequencing and teaching in-person and on-line restorative yoga
November 19-20-21, 2021
- Friday 6 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday 11 am to 5 pm each day
Due to COVID-19, this course will be offered Live Stream and/or In Person per Ontario and City of Ottawa health authority guidelines.
SAVE! $450.00 per person before August 31, 2021, $495.00 per person thereafter.
Includes pre-reading and homework assignment.
For this training it will be useful to have the yoga props required to fully explore the poses. Here are the props recommended for this training: 2 bolsters (flat and/or round), a yoga chair, 4-5 (Mexican) blankets, 2-3 blocks, 1-2 straps, eye pillow, 1-2 and bags.
Alternative props can also include additional blankets or thick towels to act as bolsters when rolled and folded, thick books as blocks, a scarf or belt as a strap, a face cloth or small folded towel as an eye pillow.
This course is recommended for teachers with a minimum of 1 year teaching experience with a basic understanding and practice of restorative yoga.
For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers the credits for this training are eligible for CEUs with Yoga Alliance.