Jenna Switzer – On the Ball
Integrating Therapy Balls Into Your Teaching
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Therapy balls stimulate trigger points in the muscles and release tension in stressed areas. They are becoming increasingly popular as an additional prop, tool and technique in classes because they:
- are an effective self-exercise aid that can strengthen muscles, open joints, increase spinal flexibility and stimulate blood flow;
- come in a variety of sizes and degrees of firmness to penetrate specific areas of the body;
- are recommended for anyone who suffers pain and stiffness from tension, working at a computer, driving, or participating in fitness training or sports; and
- can be integrated into a variety of styles of movement classes.
In this course you will learn:
- how to teach self massage or self-myofascial release using therapy balls as a tool and technique in any teaching setting;
- how to sequence a self massage session or class including routines for: upper body, lower body, neck and upper back also known as “tech neck”, foot massage and full body massage;
- various techniques for tissue mobilization; and
- how to modify for injuries and common conditions.
Also, included in the course is a review of basic anatomy.
Massage with the therapy balls helps to relieve pain and mobilize “stuck” areas in the body, while also creating mental and physiological down-regulation and increasing body and spatial awareness.
Help students and clients put the power of massage and healing into their own hands. Students and clients will experience immediate results that empower them in their movement practice and daily lives.
Dates and Timings
Saturday, September 29, 2018
11:00 am to 6 pm
Cost and Registration
SAVE! $150.00 per person before August 1, 2018.
$195.00 per person thereafter. Fee includes handouts to take home.
All Master Class purchases are FINAL. NO REFUNDS will be provided for Master Class, Workshop and Event cancellations. However, a credit to your PranaShanti account is available up until five (5) days before the start date or you may arrange for an alternate person to attend in your place. No credits will be provided after that time.
About Jenna Switzer
Jenna’s passion for yoga and movement of the human body is manifested in each anatomically focused yoga class. From Yoga Tune Up® to Hot Flow, each class encourages students to experience movement in a mindful way. Her classes are both powerful and explore connecting the breath to the flow of the body.
Jenna’s mentors include Todd Lavictoire, Megan Campbell and Jenn Stow from her foundational Yoga Teacher Training. She quickly built upon her education with her Yoga Tune Up® Level 1 certification and several YTU immersions. Jenna’s had the privilege of assisting five YTT’s in Ottawa and travels across North American to learn, assist and volunteer at various Yoga Teacher Trainings and Yoga Tune Up® classes, workshops and conferences