with Stéphanie Turple
Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3, 2019
Enhance & Advance Your Teaching Skills!
In this theoretical course with some practice time, we will examine how to:
- effectively observe when teaching in a group setting and respond accordingly;
- find a balance between demonstration and observation;
- manage time and set priorities when dealing with classes of varying lengths and styles;
- and understand the student learning process and how to communicate effectively.
Through the study of these various aspects of teaching, we will also discuss the importance of finding your own voice as a teacher.
- Improve your effectiveness as a teacher;
- Deepen your knowledge of the student experience and learning process;
- Gain practical tools to help you find your own voice
Dates and Timings
March 1-3, 2019.
- Friday 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday 11:30 am to 6 pm each day.
Cost and Registration
$325.00 per person.
300 Hour Program Core Module: 20 Hours
Please consult the Course Outline and complete the required readings listed before the start of the course.
In the event you are unable to attend the course after registration, please refer to our Refund Policy.
Note: This course is open to the general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
About Your Teacher
Stéphanie’s love affair with yoga began in the fall of 2004 when she attended a Hatha yoga class given at her local community centre. Following this newfound passion, she went on to explore Bikram, Hot, Power, Ashtanga and Yin Yoga.
She is a certified Hatha Yoga Teacher, an E-RYT 200 and YACEP Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, and has been teaching in Ottawa since 2008. She blends yoga asanas with a pinch of philosophy, a touch of humour, and a steady breath.
Throughout her first four years at the PranaShanti Yoga Centre (2008-2012), she taught Yin, Power, Hot and Flow yoga. Stéphanie has over 1,000 hours of teaching experience and to date, has taken workshops and master classes with Richard Freeman, Seane Corn, Ray Long, Bryan Kest, Ana Forrest and Sadie Nardini.
Stéphanie is a member of the teaching faculty for PranaShanti Yoga Centre’s 300-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, leading a 20-hour Core Module on Teaching Methodology. She was also a Teaching Assistant for PranaShanti’s Winter 2017 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program and 2018 Restorative Yoga Training.