Urban Healing Retreat with Maria Garre
Friday, November 24 to Sunday, November 26, 2017
A weekend of rejuvenation and inspiration through Yoga and Ayurveda.
Join international Guest Speaker and Ayurveda expert, Maria Garre, for the perfect at home retreat weekend designed to have you moving through fall and the holiday season with ease and grace!
Delight in insightful conversation and community, alongside educational and practical teachings to upgrade and uplift your life! Offering the best of Yoga and Ayurveda; from the teas to the asana, we’ve created a fantastic weekend experience.
Enjoy healing teas, ayurvedically nourishing meals, yoga practices, ayurvedic wisdom and more.
This will be a magical weekend of self-learning to awaken body, mind and consciousness.
About the Retreat
Our weekend begins on Friday evening with meditation, offerings of sankalpa, intention, alongside calming teas and snacks. We will fertilize the weekend’s soil through an Upanishad discussion and journaling to connect to the sacred Vedic teachings that live within.
Saturday and Sunday will offer two magical days for self-nurturing. Each morning begins with more traditional yoga practices of pranayama, surya namaskar and meditation; followed by light breakfast and enlightening tea options. There will two creative hands-on learning sessions offered during the day, yoga marma nidra relaxation and a lunar vinyasa end of day practice. Lunch and afternoon snacks provided each day.
Creative Learning Sessions will include:
- Elemental Healing: Explore the 5-element theory to inform and explore how they guide health and vitality for well-being.
- Ayurveda and Mindful Eating: An insightful discussion on how to understand food, eating and what is good for you, not others. Understand how one plan never fits all!
- Healing Spices and Teas: Turn your kitchen cabinet into a tea arsenal. Learn qualities of spices as teas, how to combine and make healing decoctions.
- Radiant Beauty and Skin: Discover Ayurveda’s ancient secrets to beautiful skin that glows from the inside out. Make scrubs and face masks in your kitchen.
About Maria Garre – Guest Speaker
Maria Garre is dedicated to a life-long study, practice and teaching of both Yoga and Ayurveda. Celebrating over 20 years of study in Medical and Biological Sciences, Philosophy, Ayurveda and Yoga, Maria’s teachings offer a grounded yet transformative approach to living, being, and embodying Yoga. Blending the knowledge she has gathered from her studies with her yearly trips to India, she leads dynamic, liberating classes and trainings that embody the alchemy of all these disciplines and teachings.
She founded the New Mexico School of Yoga where she leads 200-Hour and 300-Hour Yoga Programs specializing in Hatha Yoga, Ayurvedic Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga. Maria also serves as teaching staff for Samudra School of Living Yoga Prana Flow certification programs worldwide.
Maria is a member of Yoga Alliance (YA), National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA), and the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), and Serves on the NAMA Standards Committee for Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Accreditation.
Dates and Times
Friday, November 24: 7 pm to 9 pm
- Welcome and Orientation
- Meditation with intention setting
- Tea and snacks served
Saturday, November 25 and Sunday, November 26: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm each day
- 75 Minute Morning Practice
- Light Breakfast
- 2 hr Morning Lecture
- 2.5 hr Afternoon Lecture and Yoga Nidra
- Tea and Snack Break
- 75 Minute Lunar Vinyasa
Cost and Registration
$495.00 per person. SAVE $70.00 by registering on or before October 31, 2017 for $425.00 per person.
Your Retreat with Maria includes:
- A healthy vegetarian breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday provided by Amy Longard Nutrition and Grow Your Roots Cafe
- Tea and snacks each day with juices provided by Urban Juice Press
- 3 Complimentary Yoga Classes
- 1 Infrared Sauna session to use at your convenience
- A generous Gift Bag of healing goodies for you to enjoy at home and continue your self-care including products from Kalp, Banyan Botanicals and Sahajan
Dress in yoga attire or comfortable clothes that you can move in easily.
Register Online, by telephone or in person.
Refunds, minus a $150.00 + HST Administration Fee, are available up until five (5) days before the starting date. No refunds or credits will be provided after that time.
10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
Minimum Registration is 15 participants.