Hot Yoga Training
with Cat Doyle
Friday, March 13 to Saturday, March 14, 2020
Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to teach and practice Hot Yoga in a safe and supportive way. This 10 hour course will allow you to learn and understand why we practice Hot Yoga and feel the benefits in your own body. Hot Yoga is accessible to most everyone and you will deepen your practice as a student and be confident to teach classes in a hot room if you are already a yoga teacher.
This comprehensive training includes lectures, partner and small group work, home study and experiential practice to help you learn the full scope of what Hot Yoga has to offer.
Course components include:
- History and philosophy of Hot Yoga
- Hot Yoga through an Ayurvedic lens
- Physiological effects of Hot Yoga
- Anatomy for the heat; effects of heat and heat illnesses
- Importance of proper hydration
- Myths about Hot Yoga
- Asana alignment and injury prevention
- Hands-on adjustments and considerations in Hot Yoga
- Pranayam techniques specific to Hot Yoga
- Sequencing a Hot Yoga class
- Observation skills
- Participate safely and confidently in an active Hot Yoga class.
- Learn and experientially understand Hot Yoga and the benefits and considerations of this practice.
- Develop skills to teach in a hot room and recognize signs and symptoms of heat-related illness and offer variations and modifications to students as appropriate.
Dates and Timings
March 13-14, 2020
- Friday 6 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday 11 am to 6 pm
Cost and Registration
$275.00 per person before December 31, 2019, $325.00 per person thereafter.
Please review the Course Outline and complete any requirements listed before the start of the course.
This course is open to the general public. 6 months to 1 year of regular yoga practice is recommended for participation.
For 200 Hour certified Yoga Teachers this course provides CEUs with Yoga Alliance. This course is also part of our Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
300 Hour Program Elective Module: 10 Hours
In the event you are unable to attend the course after registration, please refer to our Refund Policy.
About Your Teacher
Cat Doyle is gregarious and energetic: her teaching offers students mental clarity and physical wellness with a hefty dose of epic moments. She is clear, straightforward, and brings her sassy joie de vivre that is all feeling.
Having completed her Moksha teacher training in Brazil, Cat is a globetrotter and perpetual traveler. She loves people and places far more than stuff – she’s been to over 30 countries. <read more>