This 25 hour intensive is a strong complement for a current yoga teacher of any style or a springboard for the student who is ready to take the leap into a broader perspective and fuller appreciation of the practice of Hot Yoga. Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to teach and practice various lengths of Hot Yoga classes. This comprehensive training includes instruction on yoga philosophy, postures and sequences, anatomy and physiology and teaching methodology.
Cat Edward is gregarious and energetic: her teaching offers students mental clarity and physical wellness with a hefty dose of epic moments. She is clear, straightforward, and brings her sassy joie de vivre that is all feeling.
Having completed her 500 hour teacher training in Brazil, Cat is a globetrotter and perpetual traveler. She loves people and places far more than stuff – she’s been to over 30 countries.
Cat’s an excellent connector and learns all about her students – their practice and lives – and blossoms at the heart of her yoga communities. She loves the people yoga has brought to her life. All in all, it’s pretty magical.
Dates and Times
- Friday, September 23 to Sunday, September 25, 2016
- Friday: 6 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm each day
Training Course Outline
Theory and Methodology
- History and Philosophy of Hot Yoga
- Benefits of a Hot Yoga practice
- Chakra System
- Heat, humidity and hydration
- Physiological effects on the systems of the body
Asana – Postures and Alignment
- Alignment and Injury prevention
- Hands-on adjustments
- How to read bodies
- Pranayam – breathing techniques
The Art of Teaching Hot Yoga
- How to sequence a Hot Yoga class
- Poses to include and poses to avoid
- Delivery methods: voice; volume; pacing
- When to offer hydration breaks
- Learn to perceive exertion of a student
Cost and Registration
SAVE $55.00 by registering on or before August 31, 2016 for $320.00 per person. $375.00 per person thereafter.
What is included
- Asana practices
- Posture clinics
- Partner and small group work
- Home study
- 5-class package (valid for 1 year)
Note: Please bring your own mat, towel, water bottle, electrolytes, and any other snacks and food you may need during lunch and break time. We will sweat a lot! You may also want to bring a change of clothes, towels and shower items. Hot Yoga is practiced in a room heated between 95˚F to 105˚F. All lectures and posture clinics will be held in a regular temperature room. Only class sessions will be held in the heat.
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Hell-Bent: Obsession, Pain and the Search for Something Like Transcendence in Competitive Yoga by Benjamin Lorr
- Living Your Yoga Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life by Judith Hanson Lasater
All levels of ability welcome with the understanding that this training involves a high level of physicality. It is beneficial for the student to be comfortable with a hot yoga practice. Prior certification to teach yoga is not a prerequisite for this course. For 200 hour certified Yoga Teachers the credits for this training can be applied towards a 500 hour certification and is eligible for CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- 10% Student Discount for full time students, seniors and military.
- Minimum Registration is 10 students, maximum registration is 25 students.