Our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training programs are designed to make yoga accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels.
We work on all levels of the body, mind and spirit, not only improving strength and flexibility but rejuvenating the whole being. Whether you plan to teach yoga, develop your own personal practice or would like to enhance your career by offering yoga, our program will give you a firm foundation to teach safely, skillfully and with integrity.
Meeting over 7 weekends including an inspiring spring 3-day Retreat Weekend, our Winter program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours (classroom and classes) and 40 personal study hours. The program meets and exceeds the requirements for a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
Dates and Times
All training weekends occur at PranaShanti Yoga Centre except for our Retreat Weekend at Kio-o, Centre de ressourcement et de créativité.
- January 12-14, 2018
- February 9-11, 2018
- March 16-18, 2018
- April 6-8, 2018 – Retreat Weekend – arriving at 2:00 pm on Friday and departing at 2 pm on Sunday
- April 20-22, 2018
- May 11-13, 2018
- June 8-10, 2018
- Fridays: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
FREE Yoga Class & Info Sessions with Q&A:
Drop in, ask questions and meet members of the Training Team! Our next date is:
- Wednesday, Sept 13, 2017 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 – 7:30 to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 – 1 pm to 2:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact us, email@example.com to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
Training Course Outline
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence.
- Meditation – Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Pranayama – Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force).
- Anatomy – Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the various body systems, the physical effects of yoga on the body, how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries.
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems.
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life.
Cost and Registration
$3,195.00 per person.
EARLY BIRD SAVINGS! Sign up and pay in full before November 30, 2017 and SAVE $300.00 for $2,895.00!
Payment Plan: A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 + tax to reserve your space plus 5 eaual monthly payments (February to May). All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
What is included
- 3 hearty, healthy vegetarian meals prepared for us each day and semi-private (shared occupancy) bedroom lodging, coffee, tea, fresh fruit and trail mix for in-between meals while at the retreat
- Yoga Manual and Anatomy Text Book
- 20 Yoga class package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
- Home study assignment/projects
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- Opportunities to assist in drop-in classes
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
- Register Online, by telephone or in person.
- The $500 deposit is non-refundable.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
- Payment plans, 1 Work Exchange and 1 Scholarship are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 30 students.
- Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, faculty may be subject to change.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers