Our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training programs are designed to make yoga accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels.
We work on all levels of the body, mind and spirit, not only improving strength and flexibility but rejuvenating the whole being. Whether you plan to teach yoga, develop your own personal practice or would like to enhance your career by offering yoga, our program will give you a firm foundation to teach safely, skillfully and with integrity.
Meeting over 9 weekends, our Winter program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 40 personal hours. The program meets and exceeds the requirements for a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
- Laurie Howe – Lead Trainer
- Michael Hutkins – Philosophy
- Dr. Geoff Outerbridge – Guest Teacher for Western Anatomy
- PranaShanti Faculty Teachers & 2 Teaching Assistants
Dates and Times
The 2017 dates will be announced shortly!
- January 2017
- February 2017
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017
- Fridays: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
FREE Open House Information Sessions:
Drop in, ask questions and meet members of the Training Team! Our next date is:
If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact us, email@example.com to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
Training Course Outline
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence.
- Meditation – Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Pranayama – Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force).
- Anatomy – Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the various body systems, the physical effects of yoga on the body, how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries.
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems.
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life.
Cost and Registration
SAVE $200! $2,750.00 per person until November 30, 2016, $2,950.00 per person thereafter.
What is included:
Classroom instruction, the required Yoga text books and handouts, home study assignments/projects, a 10-class package at PranaShanti, personal mentorship, practice teachings and certification.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- 10% Student Discount for full time students, seniors and military.
- Payment plans, a Work Exchange and Scholarship Program are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 25 students.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers