SOLD OUT! Please check back for the next course.
Our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training programs are designed to make yoga accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels.
We work on all levels of the body, mind and spirit, not only improving strength and flexibility but rejuvenating the whole being. Whether you plan to teach yoga, develop your own personal practice or would like to enhance your career by offering yoga, our program will give you a firm foundation to teach safely, skillfully and with integrity.
Meeting over 11 weekends, our Winter program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 40 personal hours. The program meets and exceeds the requirements for a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
- Laurie Howe – Lead Trainer
- Maria Garre – Ayurveda, Health and Vitality, Ayuryoga
- Dr. Geoff Outerbridge – Western Anatomy
- Dr. Eileen Harris – Your Brain on Yoga, Mindfulness (Live via Skype from Europe)
- PranaShanti Faculty Teachers: Devinder Kaur, Kat Marr, Stephanie Ippersiel, Brandi Cowl (Life Coaching) and more…
Dates and Times:
- January 9-11, 2015
- January 16-18, 2015
- February 6-8, 2015
- February 13-15, 2015
- February 27-March 1, 2015
- March 6-8, 2015
- March 13-15, 2015
- April 10-12, 2015
- April 17-19, 2015
- May 1-3, 2015
- May 8-10, 2015
- Fridays: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
FREE Open House Information Sessions
Drop in, ask questions and meet members of the Training Team! Our next date is:
- Saturday, January 3rd – 1 pm
If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact us, email@example.com to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
Training Course Outline:
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence.
- Meditation – Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Pranayama – Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force).
- Anatomy – Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the various body systems, the physical effects of yoga on the body, how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries.
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems.
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life.
Cost and Registration
$2,900.00 per person + HST
What is included:
Classroom instruction, the required Yoga text books and handouts, home study assignments/projects, a 10-class package at PranaShanti, personal mentorship, practice teachings and certification.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- 10% Student Discount for full time students and seniors.
- Payment plans, a Work Exchange and Scholarship Program are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 25 students.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers