Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Winter Program with Retreat
January 12 – June 10, 2018
Our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training programs are designed to make yoga accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels.
We work on all levels of the body, mind and spirit, not only improving strength and flexibility but rejuvenating the whole being. Whether you plan to teach yoga, develop your own personal practice or would like to enhance your career by offering yoga, our program will give you a firm foundation to teach safely, skillfully and with integrity.
Meeting over 7 weekends including an inspiring spring 3-day Retreat Weekend, at Kio-o just 2.5 hours from PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
Our Winter program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours (classroom and classes) and 40 personal study hours. The program meets and exceeds the requirements for a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
Dates and Times
All training weekends occur at PranaShanti Yoga Centre except for our Retreat Weekend at Kio-o, Centre de ressourcement et de créativité.
- January 12-14, 2018
- February 9-11, 2018
- March 16-18, 2018
- April 6-8, 2018 – Retreat Weekend – arriving at 2:00 pm on Friday and departing at 2 pm on Sunday
- April 20-22, 2018
- May 11-13, 2018
- June 8-10, 2018
- Fridays: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
FREE Yoga Class & Info Sessions with Q&A:
Drop in, ask questions and meet members of the Training Team! Our next date is:
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 – 1 pm to 2:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
Training Course Outline
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence.
- Meditation – Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Pranayama – Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force).
- Anatomy – Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the various body systems, the physical effects of yoga on the body, how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries.
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra and meridian systems.
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life.
At PranaShanti, our Teacher Training team are all Yoga Alliance certified at the 200 hour or 300 hour level. Our Teachers range from all traditions of yoga and are committed to your study and learning. We offer an Assistant Program as part of our trainings so 200 hour level Teachers can continue to hone their skills in the training environment and be of service to the teachers-in-training. See below for more details about your teaching team for this program.
Laurie’s calm presence and sense of humour create a space of light heartedness, acceptance, a safe haven from our busy lives. Whether doing an intense, fiery practice, slow flow or yin, students come out of the Laurie’s classes feeling completely cared for and rejuvenated.
Classes are based on the energy she feels at any given time in the room. She adapts the pace and flow of her sequences to the seasons – making them either slower or more energizing depending on the time of the year. Laurie’s love of alignment, appreciation for the uniqueness of each student’s practice and range of motion, and her expertise for assisting make her class a truly complete experience.
Laurie’s first Hatha Teacher training was completed at the renowned Kripalu Centre. That same year she also completed training with David Swenson in the Ashtanga primary series. Laurie has continued training since then with many master teachers, including Advanced Pranayama, Yoga for Depression and Anxiety, Therapeutics among others. Todd Norian has been one of her most inspirational teachers to this day. She will always be a student first and foremost, and is passionate in the areas of anatomy, alignment, pranayama and opening to grace.
Cost and Registration
- SAVE with our Early Bird Pricing: Pay in full before November 30, 2017: $2,995.00 + HST; or
- Pay in Full on or after November 30, 2017: $3,295.00 + HST; or
- Payment Plan: Deposit of $500.00 + HST to reserve your space plus 4 monthly payments (February to May) of $698.75 + HST. All payments to be complete before the course concludes.
Hold your space! A $500.00 + HST non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space in the program.
What is included
- 3 hearty, healthy vegetarian meals prepared for us each day and semi-private (shared occupancy) bedroom lodging, coffee, tea, fresh fruit and trail mix for in-between meals while at the retreat
- Yoga Manual and Anatomy Text Book
- 20 Yoga class package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre
- Home study assignment/projects
- Practice teaching
- Personal mentorship
- Opportunities to assist in drop-in classes
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
- Register Online, by telephone or in person.
- There is no refund for the $500.00 deposit.
- Refunds for the balance of the course fees (minus a $300.00 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and current military members.
- Payment plans, 1 Work Exchange and 1 Scholarship are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 30 students.
- Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, faculty may be subject to change.
We believe in the highest quality and caliber of training so that every student receives the time, focus and dedication of the trainers that is needed to create a solid foundation for practice and teaching. Although every effort is made to maintain consistency, trainers, guest speakers and faculty may be subject to change.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
See also: Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers; Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 2; Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – Level 3; and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers