Taught over nine full days, this course is open to (i) yoga instructors of all yoga traditions who have taught at least three years or (ii) graduates of the Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training. Participants must have a regular personal practice and be ready to move deeper within themselves and assist their students in the discovery of the physical, emotional and spiritual benefits of yoga.
Ana Forrest designed this program to be highly experiential. The training includes chanting, pranayama, intensive yoga practice, working with injuries, addressing the needs and challenges of students, mentoring your own practice and needs, and learning the principles of class sequencing for advanced poses. You will also be taught how to work with students at different levels and abilities and with different body types.
Ana Forrest has been changing people’s lives for nearly 40 years. An internationally recognized pioneer in yoga and emotional healing, Ana created Forrest Yoga while working through her own healing from her life’s trauma and experience. With thousands of licensed practitioners around the world, Forrest Yoga is renowned as an intensely physical, internally focused practice that emphasizes how to carry a transformative experience off the mat and into daily life.
By teaching asana, breath and an awareness of the movement of energy through the body, Ana teaches yoga from an intuitive and highly developed understanding of the human body and psyche. With her meticulous guidance, Ana’s students cultivate an acute awareness of their own practice and life process, resulting in an exhilarating journey into self-discovery, cleansing and healing. For Ana, this is her intent. “In teaching Forrest Yoga, I am doing my part to mend the hoop of the people – to inspire people to clear through the stuff that hardens them and sickens their bodies so they can walk freely and lightly in a healing way, in a Beauty Way.”
Dates and Times
The training for 2014 has concluded. Please check back for our next dates.
Days 1-8: 7:00 am to 5:15 pm
Day 9: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
Training Course Outline
Click Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training to learn more about the Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training.
Cost and Registration
Save $200! Take advantage of our Early Bird tuition for this training. The Early Bird tuition is $2,100.00 + HST until May 9, 2014. After May 9, 2014 the full tuition is $2,300.00 + HST.
Apply today to receive the discounted tuition!
- Review and complete the Forrest Yoga Teacher Training Application Form.
- Provide either full payment or a deposit of 50% of fees to PranaShanti Yoga Centre at time of submitting your Forrest Yoga Teacher Training Application. Your application will not be reviewed by Forrest Yoga without the deposit or payment. If your application is not accepted, full refund will be provided.
- Once your application is approved by Forrest Yoga, if you provided the deposit, provide the reminder of your payment to PranaShanti Yoga Centre.
What is included:
Classroom instruction, Forrest Yoga manual, home study assignments/projects, a 10-class package at PranaShanti, personal mentorship, practice teachings and certification.
Register online, by telephone or in person.
- Payment plans are available. Full payment must be complete before the start of the training.
- No refunds, credits or transfers are available for cancellation before the start of the training.
- No refunds or credits once training has started.
- 10% discount for full time students, seniors and military.
- 20% discount for Forrest Yoga Guardians, Forrest Yoga Certified Teachers, and Forrest Yoga Mentorship Program mentees, as verified by Forrest Yoga.
- 20% discount for graduates repeating the Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training, as verified by Forrest Yoga.
- Only one discount can be applied.
- Minimum registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 55 students
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
If you are not a graduate of the Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training, we suggest that all interested trainees get acquainted with Forrest Yoga and Ana’s method of instructing by purchasing the Forrest Yoga DVD’s (“Strength & Spirit” and “The Pleasure of Strength“) and the Forrest Yoga 5-Day Intensive (CD’s & Book) before attending this teacher training. These products will introduce the concepts of Forrest Yoga and provide practice for the trainees in Forrest Yoga. The more the trainees are familiar with Forrest Yoga, the more they will progress during Ana’s training.