Hatha Yoga Teacher Training (HYTT) 300-Hour Program
Required Reading List
During your course of study, you will be asked to read the following books. A total of 3 book reports must be submitted with your HYTT Package to successfully complete the program. Please note: Core Modules and Elective Options may also have pre-requisite readings.
- Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaran
- Modern Commentary on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (choose one): Sri Swami Satchidananda, Nischala Joy Devi, Chip Hartranft
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Paramahansa Yogananda
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice – T. K. V. Desikachar
- Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship – Donna Farhi
- Trail Guide to the Body – Andrew Biel
- Light on Yoga – B. K. S. Iyengar
- The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving Kindness – Pema Chödrön
- Yoga and the Quest for the True Self – Stephen Cope
- Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life – Judith Hanson Lasater
Book Report Guidelines
- Introduce the book by title and author.
- Write an approximately 5-paragraph overview of the content covered in the book.
- What are the three most compelling points of the book in your opinion? Why? Write at least 1-paragraph on each point.
- What do you see as the most relevant idea or topic related to practicing Yoga? Be specific. How has the book influenced your Yoga practice or how do you think it may influence your practice over time? Write at least 1-paragraph.
- What are the book’s 3 most relevant ideas or topics related to teaching Yoga? Be specific. How has it impacted your teaching or how do you think it may impact your teaching over time? Write at least 1-paragraph on each idea.